Homocide and Hostage Taking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homocide and Hostage Taking

I moved to Japan for a long vacation from this. I am currently a university lecturer in Nagoya, Japan. 100m from campus, some low level, allegedly retired gangster has taken his wife and son hostage while the police are in a seige.

The perpetrator shot his own family members to show he means business. They are injured but alive.

He also 186ed a young, decorated, overachieving uniformed officer who had a toddler and wife. Classes are cancelled, students are having fun in the commons building, oblivious to what is happening next door and I am awaiting permission to leave my office and go home...

Man, that sucks. Never hear of that stuff happening out there much do you?

BTW, actually, 186 just threatening to kill. 187 is the real deal.

Let us know how it pans out.

Comment

I read an article recently that stated that the price of illegal handguns has dropped in recent years, due to the relative calm in fighting amongst the different yakuza families.

Kabong, where did you move to Japan from? I moved here after living in NY, Baltimore and DC (former murder capital of the USA).
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

The officer is dead, make that a 187. Sorry, my brain is scrambled, as my educational afairs department is not dealing with the situation in an acceptable manner. I teach only girls and cannot believe the school is dealing with the situtaion in suich a manner.

I moved here from Vancouver, where the city police are unfortuantely more dangerous than everyone, save for the Russians.

There are 3 universities right beside each other. One is not attached to us, but has been closed for the day. The university of foreign studies which belongs to the same company has just closed. My university remains open, but I am sending any students that come to class home with credit for attending. Most roads in the area are closed.

***Now this is a hell of a way to wite a 100th post.

Comment

Damn, that terrible... I'll imagine the officers over there just aren't expecting to run into that sort of violence. And that probably got him killed...

I'm pretty surprised the school is being that way as well.

Comment

I just read a news article regarding this incident. The policeman who was killed was wearing a vest, but the bullet hit him near his left collarbone and severed a major artery...
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Criminals will always get guns. Same shit happened last week or the week before I believe as well.
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
                Criminals will always get guns. Same shit happened last week or the week before I believe as well.
                The Machida shootout happened across the street from the studio where my band rehearses...

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                  The Machida shootout happened across the street from the studio where my band rehearses...
                  Nice, I guess that means I'm next!
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

It is 5pm, the hostages have been released and after 4 people being shot. Police are at a quandary with how to breach and neutralise the situation.

On my end, all classes were cancelled, save for the junior college. Our clases run for 15 weeks, while the other classes for both 4 year universities run for 12. Those responsible will have to answer to me at the monthly professors meeting next week. They have many things to answer for. I am lucky to have a senoir professor translate for me, as my Japanese usually has me rolling my L/R sounds, which may not be appropriate for this situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X