Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Method Guitar Course

Alright,

I need to learn some more guitar. I can't read music, and only had a few handfull of guitar lessons, struggle learning tabs from my favorite bands these days, and I evevn forgot my "good" stuff. It adds to my depression, and musical bi-polarness.

I've been thinkign about gettign this course, as I suck worse than I ever did, and it sounds pretty promising.

What do you guys think?

So.. nobody has seen the countless ads in guitar magazines with doug marks, or heard about, or tried this product??

Comment

I took a look at their website.. I'm not impressed.. look at this video:

The intro piece is sooo sloppy..

Why not just get regular guitar lessons? I mean real life ones..
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I don't know about that stuff.

You're best off getting real lessons. If you don't do that, Troy Stetina has a great set of shred/metal books and lessons. Speed Mechanics is probably the best instructional shred book ever to work though, imo.

Comment

he totally fucked up eruption. seems to me like one of the guys you watch jam out for 30 min. then look at you and stay......."now you try."
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Upon closer inspection, I agree that this guy sucks.

Comment

blows goats...

Comment

I have the entire course. I didn't gain anything from it. I think you could do a lot better.

Comment

I bought one of the videos a few years ago. If I still had it I'd pay you to take it off of my hands. Don't bother spending money on this.

Comment

Can't you just tell by the dude's hair?

Comment

A couple of real lessons and self-taught theory will get you much further.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I wonder what kind of shampoo and conditioner he uses. It can't be a two in one.

Seriously, I took lessons for three years in high school. Out of those three years there were two lessons where my teacher taught me the basic major scale (Ionian) and then how to shift it to Dorian, Phrygian, and Aeolian. If you pay someone to teach you those modes, or look it up on the net, and then practice it you'll have a good base for shred solos.
                        Last edited by cookiemonster2; 05-19-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Metal Method Guitar Course

> If the consensus is true,and these lessons reek now,they have gone downhill quite a bit. Back in the mid-late 80's when I got them,they were really helpful,but there are much better alternatives now,such as the Stetina stuff. Tommy D.
                          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I've been using the "guitar pro" program with my 2 "students"(i ain't good enough to REALLY teach anyone shit...)and they really enjoy it.Just having the "click track" to most songs was worth it for screw'n, around,giggles and grins,jamming,IMO.
                            www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

IIRC Rusty Cooley took those classes in his early days.

Comment

Working...
                              X