We throw our strings away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We throw our strings away...

...when they get corroded and old.I wonder what are we gonna do,when the world runs out of nickel and steel.

We all should recycle our old strings.I do.

I know it sounds silly
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

I use them as squirreltraps. The heads come right off.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I don't throw away my violin strings.Cause they're made of silver

Comment

I use my old strings to auto-eroticize myself! And I heard that some countries use it for circumcision.
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

What a bunch of wimps....I use mine for dental floss.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

My buddy in Mushroomhead, gets them very cheap of course (endorsements) and when done with them, he puts them back in the pack with a couple of his used picks, and sells them for $10 bucks at the shows...

Niiiice....

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
              My buddy in Mushroomhead, gets them very cheap of course (endorsements) and when done with them, he puts them back in the pack with a couple of his used picks, and sells them for $10 bucks at the shows...

Niiiice....

It's real? :ROTF:

Even tough he earns money this way,it's not recycling so it's evil

Comment

Sure, it's recycled from a set of strings to a keepsake some kid will keep a while and well, do whatever it is they do with those sort of things, haha..

I think that's ok. haha...

Comment

they seem to wind up wrapped up in the vacuum cleaner, aw the smell of burning rubber drive belt.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I use elixers and Ive had the same set of strings on my RR for almost a year now and they arent even a little bit corroded yet

Comment

I made home-made braces for my kids !!! Saved $3600.00 !!! And they stay in tune too !!!

Comment

I give mine to a guy who makes fishing lures.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I will start to make string balls of them
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

GC is apparently already recycling strings. I have purchased two packs of strings there on two sperate occasions that were used. At first I was kind of upset about it, but now I realize they were just being good corporate citizens by recycling. I guess it is like buying guitar string off-sets.

Now if I ever have to buy strings from GC I open them up first to make sure there aren't "pre-owned".

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbug View Post
                              GC is apparently already recycling strings. I have purchased two packs of strings there on two sperate occasions that were used. At first I was kind of upset about it, but now I realize they were just being good corporate citizens by recycling. I guess it is like buying guitar string off-sets.

Now if I ever have to buy strings from GC I open them up first to make sure there aren't "pre-owned".
                              I don't think they can do that if they sell them as New. As for what I do with my strings, I wind them up and trash them, though I keep getting th eurge to make some stupid bracelet

Comment

Working...
                              X