• Show
Clear All

Weave them into an armored shirt.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

You're supposed to change strings?
      "POOP"

Comment

Recycle strings? WTF:ROTF: What am I supposed to do? I know, I will save all my old strings from 85+ guitars until I get 1 pound of them (3 years). And then I'll go to a recycle dude. And he will ask this; "What the fuck is this shit?" And I will respond by stating; " I'm a Green guitar player and I'm want to save the guitar world. If we run out of strings we have to start playing horns." And he will say; "You shredhead. Bring me copper!!!!."
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I toss them out, but I let my two cats play with them first until I finish putting the new ones on.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I toss them out, but I let my two cats play with them first until I finish putting the new ones on.
            I bet it would cost a fortune to have to destring a cat. Ah, there are pussys anyway.:ROTF:

Comment

ANAL FLOSS This is what myself & a few others who invented this, this is what we make out of them , so far none of us are Arab Sheik Rich!
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                I bet it would cost a fortune to have to destring a cat. Ah, there are pussys anyway.:ROTF:
                LOL I always have to smack the crap out of at least one of them for playing with my new strings while trying to put them on, so just letting them mess with the old ones for a little bit is easier. They're easily amused. :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anyone else get the "It puts the lotion on itself" vibe from the subject line of this topic? "We throw our strings away..."

Comment

I do. But, that's awful.

Comment

thats why some of mine wind up in the vacuum,
                      I have used em to slice thru the adhesive on a windshield or two
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        I do. But, that's awful.

You're breaking my heart
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I remember an old friend of mine coming by and asking for old guitar strings. Apparentely his brother build a home made tatoo machine and was going to use the old strings to tatoo people.

15 years later I realize that probably isn't very sanitary, but hey if your stupid enough to get a tatoo from some guy that just built his tatoo machine then your probaby deserve what ever infection you recieve.

Besides I'm sure the tatoos wheren't very intricate, they were a bunch of homies from around the block, so I'm sure they just got a few dots on their wrist and maybe some tear drops under the eyes.
                          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
                            thats why some of mine wind up in the vacuum,
                            I have used em to slice thru the adhesive on a windshield or two
                            I have another friend that used to ask for old strings for that very reason as well.
                            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I've seen guys use the lighter gauges to remove, replace and repair auto glass. Recently somewhere..maybe over on the Hamer board..there was a posting where someone was making jewelry and bracelets out of old strings. There was even a link to a site and stuff.
                              DiMarzio Endorsee
                              www.dimarzio.com
                              Morley Endorsee
                              www.morley.com
                              "Intelli-Shred" author
                              www.myspace.com/intellishred
                              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I always suspected that Black Diamond brand strings were made from used barbed wire.
                                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                                X