X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
    Tasty player.
    needs a little bit mustard tho
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
      A friend of mine's father looks just like Ian Anderson
      Isn't there a member here who bears the name Ian Anderson??

EDIT: Yes it is
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

How exactly does one become THAT advanced? Like seriously, MAYBE if I played for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 3 years, I might become HALF as good as him. How does someone really get to that level? I really think that some people are just born with "it"...
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          How exactly does one become THAT advanced? Like seriously, MAYBE if I played for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 3 years, I might become HALF as good as him. How does someone really get to that level? I really think that some people are just born with "it"...
          all fusion players have practiced a lot but then again Steve Lukather said that all this 10 hours per day thing is total bullshit and all those mofo's would have tendonitis... a couple of hours a day was enough for him. So I guess... some have "it" more than anothers.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'm pretty sure Endrik's right.

It doesn't make sense to spend all your work hours to practice.You should practice what's good for you.

I mean,you could practice what you already know for 10 hours a day.But it would not make much difference.You should get into new areas,learn new things and get as decent as you can.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

All the bigshots say you'll learn so much more from playing with other people rather than sitting alone practising in your room all day long.. I think they know what they're talking about
              I remember Jeff Waters of Annihilator saying how he used to practise 8-10 hours a day when he was a young teenager.. When he started Annihilator the time spent alone in the basement got replaced playing gigs with the band, and his playing didn't get any worse IMO.. These days he'll just practice a bit more when recording in the studio, but he doesn't practice 8 hours a day, every day.. That's what he said anyway
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Once you reach a certain level, it's easier to maintain. Just like bodybuilding. Once you're huge, even if you lose all the muscle on your body, muscle memory will build it all up again way faster if you work out again than someone who's just starting.

Comment

Working...
                X