Combat flight sims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat flight sims

Any other armchair pilots out there? I just picked up IL-2 1946 after not playing WWII sims for a few years, and I am having a great time with it. Let me know if anyone is up for a game!

Are there any good modern ones out there? F-15 maybe?

Comment

Lock-On is AFAIK the most recent, realistic (sometimes a bit too much, in terms of the flight model) and looks great.
      you should check it out. a ton of different planes and scenarios to chose from
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Lock-On kicks ass.
        I agree... almost too realistic.
        But I like to play MS Combat Flight Sim 3 most of the time.
        I haven't played IL2 before.
        -Rick

Comment

I've had IL2 Forgotten Battles, and just got 1946 on sale at Circuit City.

I've still got Falcon 4.0 installed. I have the binder version, with the 3 ring notebook manual. I haven't tried Allied Force yet.

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I still think Falcon 4 is the best modern flight sim, outdated as it may be.

Comment

well.. the manual you get with Lock-On IS a flight manual LOL...

well, as close as you can get hehehe
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I still play Ace Combat. It may not be as realistic, but it's fun.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  I still play Ace Combat. It may not be as realistic, but it's fun.
                  +1. I've been looking for one though thats like Ace Combat in terms of plot and sheer number of planes for the PC, but have yet to find it. In fact, I can't seem to find a good pc combat flight sim for the pc in general. which is ashame, as I need to use my Saitek X52 for something more them mechwarrior and MS Flight Sim hehe.

Comment

For you Ace Combat players and Xbox360 people, Ace Combat is now a xbox360 exclusive. Apparently, they are selling it with a throttle and joystick. You may have to go back to the untranslated page to view the HD res screenshots, but it looks amazing. 16 player multiplayer battles on xbox live. /shiver

-Nate

Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I still play IL-2 Sturmovik occasionally (well, I practically stopped playing games altogether, but when I do it's that one).
                      Used to play Falcon 4.0, and lots of others as a kid.

The one I liked the most was DID's Eurofighter 2000, I think that one had the best compromise between simulation and gameplay.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

For many years I played WWII online sims a lot. I got back into it a couple years ago, but McAfee screwed up any chance of getting into an online game. So I quit playing. I would really like to play again. It is a good time waster!

Comment

I still play my old fav every now and then: USAF by Jane's Combat Simulations
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                            For you Ace Combat players and Xbox360 people, Ace Combat is now a xbox360 exclusive. Apparently, they are selling it with a throttle and joystick. You may have to go back to the untranslated page to view the HD res screenshots, but it looks amazing. 16 player multiplayer battles on xbox live. /shiver

-Nate

http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

That's a real shame. I won't be buying an XBOX360
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbug View Post
                              For many years I played WWII online sims a lot. I got back into it a couple years ago, but McAfee screwed up any chance of getting into an online game. So I quit playing. I would really like to play again. It is a good time waster!
                              I played WWIIOL for years since it first came out--what a nightmare that launch was! I held some pretty high positions in the GHC. I've been thinking of getting back into it, but the whole game has changed a lot in the last several years.

Comment

Working...
                              X