IPOD users...beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPOD users...beware!

in microsoft's seattle development center, lot of ipod's lying around in cubicles have been stolen. lock 'em up in a drawer if you are going out for lunch.

this was on the news...thieves are targeting youngsters walking alone with WHITE earphones on. The white earphones is a ipod giveaway. a basic 1GB Nano costs at least $50 on the street. Complaints cant be filed easily because frankly no one remembers the serial numbers. People are recommended to use generic earphones/headphones.
    Sam

iPods are like cameras. You set them down and look away for a minute and they are gone because you can just slip them in your pocket.

Comment

Mine is engraved. The saying on the back is VERY easy to identify for reporting purposes.
      That being said, it still stays in my briefcase when I'm at work.
      -Rick

Comment

This "news" has been going around for years, white earphones of doom.

Hold on, Microsoft employees using iPods?? That's not really good publicity for their Zune, is it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
          Hold on, Microsoft employees using iPods?? That's not really good publicity for their Zune, is it!!
          guess not!
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
            This "news" has been going around for years, white earphones of doom.

The way I heard it, when you finally realized that your ipod was gone, you would find a bloody hook hanging from the white earphone wire. Either that or you would be missing a kidney, I cant remember which.:ROTF:

Comment

Sounds like BS but IIRC iTunes grabs the ipod's SN when you plug it in the first time. It uses it somehow for the DRM scheme. So just fire up itunes and you have your SN.
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

your SN is at the back of your ipod. j/k
                Sam

Comment

Don't know why anyone would want to use those white earphones anyways, they sound like shit! :ROTF: I got a $4.99 Sony pair that sound much, much better.

Comment

My brother had his Ipod stolen. Luckily, he still had the original box with S/N. My brother also happens to be a Cop so he reported it stolen. He found it at a pawn shop a few days later. Turns out our cousin stolen from his house and pawned. You can imagine the surprise on my cousins face when my brother payed him a visit to confront him.
                    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      Mine is engraved. The saying on the back is VERY easy to identify for reporting purposes.
                      "Which one is your iPod?"

"It's the one that says BAD MOTHERFUCKER on it"

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

It was a Father's Day gift from my wife and daughter last year.
                        The engraving is sure to lay a guilt trip on anyone who steals it.

But BAD MOTHER FUCKER would be great!
                        -Rick

Comment

Sadly, people who steal, usually don't have guilt...

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                            Mine is engraved.
                            Which just means the thief has to scratch your name off the back...
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                              The way I heard it, when you finally realized that your ipod was gone, you would find a bloody hook hanging from the white earphone wire. Either that or you would be missing a kidney, I cant remember which.:ROTF:
                              :ROTF: :ROTF:
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X