Commitment hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commitment hurts

Okay I admit to having a vain side, I used to be a very skinny in my teens but now that I'm in my thirties that's DEFINATELY changed and people NEVER let me forget it, every single week there's at least somebody telling me "Dude you've gotten fat." or asking me "Have you gotten fatter?" even going as far of patting me on my stomach to prove that point.

I got so sick and tired of that that I decided to take the wind out of their sails and start to attend a gym and start to work out in order to lose my gut. My best friend Ramon who also attends that gym hooked me up and today was my first day of crunching, crouching and pumping iron, it was a work out of three hours and now, almost seven hours later I'm begining to really feel the burn. My calves are killing me, my shoulders feel like shit and I'm shaking all over.

Ramon already told me "You'll be annihilated after the very first couple of times you do this but your body will get used to it."

He also praised me for actually going through with this, I took it as seriously as I do with playing guitar and learning difficult tunes.

So with my whole body killing me at the moment I can right fully claim that showing commitment towards getting rid of my gut really hurts.

I remember those days. my first day in the gym was when I was 15 and I worked out for almost 5 hrs all by myself. I was waiting for that day for so long. ...to work out in a real gym that I had literally memorized all the exercises in a body building book.

And about guys giving you a hard-time cause you are fat, dont take that to heart too much. I was a FAT kid at school. All my skinny friends used to make so much fun of me. Now, I eat chocolate ice-cream every night and I still cant get fat !! Although my cholesterol seems to be going up lately... hmmm.

and about those pains, make sure you stretch that muscle causing the pain whenever you get a chance. And trust me, those pains will go away as you work out regularly.
    Sam

Comment

Get yourself some Bromelain. It is a pineapple extract and will greatly reduce the muscle pain (really awesome for pulled muscles as well).

As for everybody else,use my favorite line.. When I have to wake up next to you every day,I might give a rat's ass what you think...
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

That's awesome stuff, it's a good thing that you're going through with this. Keep us posted!
        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

The supermodel workout is faster and the only burn you will feel is in your nostrils. Good luck.

Comment

Good stuff!

I don't really like the idea of 3 hrs though. How many times a week are you doing this?
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

If you are trying to lose weight, just take brisk 30 miunte walks 3 times a week. Cut your food comsumption by 1/3. As soon as you start burning more calories than you consume, the fat will burn off. It sounds like your are trying to gain muscle at the gym. You can be fat and still bulk up. Then you will bigger than you are now.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Weight training can work but if weight loss is the goal I'd do more cardio until the weight is off and if you want to bulk up hit the weights then. Also if you thought you were sore last night, wait until tomorrow

I run about 2.8 - 3.5 miles every other day...now that weather is nice I'm trying to do it at least 6 times a week.

Diet is also a key...eat healtier foods and you'll feel better.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

+1
                  also dont forget to drink plenty of water.
                  Sam

Comment

3 hours Yikes. Are you dead yet? You have to be really commited ( as in loney bin:ROTF: ) to want to keep that kind of pace. Run away, or at least briskly walk away, from that place unless you have already signed the contract.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

i agree you'll build up muscle and look even fatter that you do now. do more cardio, and walking. plus drinks looks of water and lay off the sugary drinks.
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

You guys have misunderstood the kind of work out I've been doing, I didn't go full blast on my first time, I worked with intervals doing fifteen crouches in four turns on the machine with four intervals making sure that I wouldn't pull any muscles. And I worked with relatively light weights to further distance myself from injury. And I did all of this after a ten minute warm up run on the threadmill. I worked on several different machines to make sure that I wouldn't overload a particullar part of my body.

I know better than to go full blast at the first time. a sprained arm is nothing to brag about.

Comment

so what did you do exactly for 3 hrs? is that mostly weight machines?

Comment

"...I don't really like the idea of 3 hrs though..."

Me neither. I keep my workouts somewhere in the 60-90 minute range.

I'd like to add though, that weight training when trying to lose weight isn't necesserally a bad thing. Muscle burns more calories so you will lose that gut faster. Also, your metabolism stays elevated for a longer time (compared to cardio) after you've finished your workout.

The important thing with any training routine is to find activities that you enjoy. I hate running, can't stand it. I've tried it many times but I just don't enjoy it so I can't manage to do it regularly. I love rollerblading and working out in the gym though. The best workout is the one you actually do.
                            Last edited by jonasaberg; 05-23-2007, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I agree. jonasaberg, that's exactly what I got out of my experience. Unless you're seriously overweight I would do mostly resistance training with a bit of cardio (4x a week).

I don't like running at all either, + I walk around the city A LOT. And then I usually jump rope combined with crouches and bicycle crouches and do gym with freeweights.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X