Wearing your seatbelt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
    It is ridiculous to me. If you want to wear a seatbelt that is fine, but you shouldn't be made to wear one. Personally, I've had two seatbelt tickets in about six years of driving. I've only wore one the past two days to avoid the fucking pigs on the way to work.

The law is not for your safety, it is simply to make money. If they really gave a shit about your there are many other laws they could concentrate on other than the bullshit seatbelt. As it as been said, it is only an excuse to search your car and if you have nothing then to ticket you (if not both).
    The logic is similar to helmet laws for motprcycles. Let's say you don't have a seatbelt and fly through your windshield in an accident. Now you're a vegetable, but you'll live - for the next 30 years - as a vegetable.

Now we find out that in addition to no seatbelt, you had no medical insurance either. So the taxpayer gets to pay for your hospital care for thge next 30 years, while you obliviously shit and piss the bedpan or your Depends.

Revenue generator? Sure, but there ARE safety factors. And as John said, it gives them a reason to pull you over, opening the doors to DUI and drug busts as well. But that doesn't change the fact that there's a valid reason for the law.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X