$25 Shipping? Bets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $25 Shipping? Bets?

This poor person is going to be in for a rude awakening. It pencils out for me, but it will be intersesting when the seller gets the bill for the shipping costs. Here's another reason never to use the ebay shipping calculator. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2986&rd=1&rd=1
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Hey... I noticed it's one of them guitars with not one, but three strings sensors!
    My guess is it will cost him close to $50 for all that if it goes UPS ground.
    USPS will cost him close to $75 if I calculated it right.
    -Rick

Comment

You noticed it's Parcel Post, right?

Comment

Ahhh Parcel Post.... you'll see it in about 6-8 weeks. Complete with tire marks and foot prints all over the boxes.
        -Rick

Comment

"String sensors":ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Now, that's a marketing idea. I shipped a simular amp and stand package to my son 1000 miles away and it was $16. But that was before USPS updated. For her, I predict $45. The guitar with cost her $45 more because she will get reamed. The USPS will over charge her for an oversize box. I wouldn't be surpised if the total shipping was more like $100. I bought this because it was a "Deal" to me.
          Last edited by fett; 05-23-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

It could be a situation like mine, my buddy can usually ship stuff for me and I don't pay shipping cost, I usuall just charge like 25 bucks to cover my ebay seller and paypal fees.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              This poor person is going to be in for a rude awakening. It pencils out for me, but it will be intersesting when the seller gets the bill for the shipping costs. Here's another reason never to use the ebay shipping calculator. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2986&rd=1&rd=1
              So do you feel bad enough for her to pay actual shipping costs? Not THAT bad, huh?

I don't see that as such a great deal, to be honest. It's about right if you're looking for a cheap guitar and small practice amp - and you don't already have 75 more of 'em! :ROTF:

But hey, if it makes you happy that's what counts!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Not your best purchase that's for sure
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

actually theres quite a bit of stuff there, but for a experienced player I can't imagine wanting it, some where theres some kid out there who will never learn how to play the guitar cuz some guy bought the starter pak he wanted,,
                  Last edited by FusionFarmer; 05-24-2007, 06:59 AM.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I ship things from work, and we get a pretty good discount here - about 30% off normal rates with no surcharges - I like that...

Comment

What are you? Nuts?:ROTF: I would have never bought it is I had to pay the "Real" shipping cost. And,NO , I'm not going to volunteer to pay any additional postage.

Comment

So you're taking advantage of the poor seller lady's ignorance to add yet ANOTHER shitty guitar and amp to your collection of shitty guitars and amps? Okay then, Fett the humanitarian strikes again.... and it's not even really a score, so you're gigging yourself as well as her. Smooth, real smooth....
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey Fett! Buy me a Model 1 and I'll spring for the shipping! What'd ya say?

Comment

I like my Squiers. All, but one, seems to have better built quality than some higher price spreads. My point was more directed to the way she calculated the shipping cost. You don't got to buy no "shitty" guitars. But, I do. And, listen wiseguy, I didn't tell her what to charge for shipping.
                            Last edited by fett; 05-24-2007, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              I like my Squiers. All, but one, seems to have better built quality than some higher price spreads. My point was more directed to the way she calculated the shipping cost. You don't got to buy no "shitty" guitars. But, I do. And, listen wiseguy, I didn't tell her what to charge for shipping.
                              Aww, I'm just a'pickin' and a'grinnin' as Buck and Roy used to say! Hey I own some cheapos too, including a couple of Squiers - I just don't want 50 of 'em!

Oh, and I'm not short-changing you - I know you're probably up to 80+ guitars by now! I just figure probably not more than 50 are actually Squiers!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X