Synth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synth!

This post is probably as useless as fett's rants, but here goes..

Just wondering if someone here think it's "ok" to listen to music with a lot of synth/mellotron/Moog/whatever without thinking it's "ghey"? I listen to metal most of the time, the harder the better.. But I also listen to a lot of prog, some of it has a lot of synths and stuff like that. Makes some pretty interesting moods I think.

I'll also admit I'm into some early Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells) / Tangerine Dream (Stratosfear) stuff. Vangelis is a chap using a lot of synth is his work to..It's very experimental and has some really eerie, strange cool moods that distorted and cranked guitars can't seem to get into.

I absolutely hate the dance/trance scene today, what I'm talking about is mostly the psychedelic stuff that was made back in the 70's and the musicians that continued making that kind of music.
    Does anyone else here agree with me or will I be made out to be the "gheylord" of the JCF now?
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Nothing wrong with that. I am into a lot of the later synth heavy stuff like Depeche Mode and even more modern stuff like Portion Control and VNV Nation. Anyone who thinks you're a fag because you have diverse tastes is a turd and definitely not a real musician

Comment

Yanni rulz!!!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Nothing like some good Styx, Kansas or Herbie Hancock.-Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
            or will I be made out to be the "gheylord" of the JCF now?
            No, there's way too much competition for that...

Comment

Comment

I enjoy synth and keyboards a lot. One of my favorite Dream Theater songs is Innocence Faded, which is, in my mind, the perfect blend of instrumentation; guitars and keyboards playing an equal role in the song.

Not ghey at all.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                  This post is probably as useless as fett's rants, but here goes..

Does anyone else here agree with me or will I be made out to be the "gheylord" of the JCF now?
                  You hurt my feelings.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I love piano, Hammond Organ, Fender Rhodes and stuff like that. Some analog keyboards are cool too... wich were used for classic progressive rock music.

But MOST of the keyboard sounds today are horrible, specially the ones wich are used in Indie-pop/rock (those fucking Juno's and shit) and in metal (cheesy, fake, lifeless.... do they actually belive this shit is anything similar to real orchestration????).... uhh and most of those "modern prog" keyboard wankers sound pretty discusting too (where are they buying their stuff... from Wal-mart????.... I'm not a Dream Theater fan at all... but they at least have some decent sounds.... some badass Kurzweils and cool moduls)
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

if you are a keyboard fag then check out Electric Light Orchestra... jeez... now they have ridiculous amount of keys and shit
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I use a keyboard as I don't have or play a real drumkit. I also use synths to add atmosphere to my music. I see nothing gay in it at all. Lots of "Black Metal" bands use synths.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          I use a keyboard as I don't have or play a real drumkit. I also use synths to add atmosphere to my music. I see nothing gay in it at all. Lots of "Black Metal" bands use synths.

but don't you think the synth sounds they use are gay

Comment

Vangelis is great. Remember Bladerunner?
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I love Ayreon.. Arjen Anthony Lukasson is a genious when it comes to synth/keyboard/Hammond fx.. Brilliant stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X