Alice in Chains this fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice in Chains this fall

just recieved an email they will be on tour w/Velvet Revolver and a third band to be named later...

i'm so freakin stoked missed them last tour that won't happen this time.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Too bad Velvet's on the bill...

Comment

AIC rock! Don't worry about Stapp, he will be in jail and they will be off the bill in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
        Too bad Velvet's on the bill...
        I saw Velvet Revolver this past weekend... they rocked very hard!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
          AIC rock! Don't worry about Stapp, he will be in jail and they will be off the bill in no time.
          Why would Scott Stapp be there in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Why would Scott Stapp be there in the first place?
            OK, I am way too tired and overworked. My brain is melting. oops...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I saw Velvet Revolver this past weekend... they rocked very hard!
              Ok - you made me do it...

Fuck you Toejam!

I WANT to like VR, but I just find their whole deal really uninspiring. Great cast of characters, but rotten script. I find them nearly as "Meh..." as Audioslave. Thank God that's over... Cornell jjst didn't fit with those guys, and I REALLY don't like Tom Morello - what a BLOWHARD! Shut up, play your guitar, and quit thinking you can overthrow the government with your BS rhetoric. Stick to making mediocre music. Seems to me he lashes out way too often against the very forces that let him live as well as he does. The guy was Ivy League educated for Chrissakes!! What does he know about "the struggle"? He's just an angry Lib...

Comment

OH - AIC ROCKED when I saw them in South Dakota last summer. Duvall is the real deal. I have heard rumblings that they are planning to record something...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Ok - you made me do it...

Fuck you Toejam!

I WANT to like VR, but I just find their whole deal really uninspiring. Great cast of characters, but rotten script. I find them nearly as "Meh..." as Audioslave. Thank God that's over... Cornell jjst didn't fit with those guys, and I REALLY don't like Tom Morello - what a BLOWHARD! Shut up, play your guitar, and quit thinking you can overthrow the government with your BS rhetoric. Stick to making mediocre music. Seems to me he lashes out way too often against the very forces that let him live as well as he does. The guy was Ivy League educated for Chrissakes!! What does he know about "the struggle"? He's just an angry Lib...
                  LOL I agree about Tom Morello, he's just lame with all his political rhetoric. I got the first Rage album, grew tired of them after that. I liked the few Audioslave tunes I heard, but I can't be bothered buying their albums.
                  VR rocks! I enjoy their first cd, dug the tunes they played off the new one that should be out in July. They did only 1 GNR tune (I Used To Love Her) and 1 STP song (Vaseline), a cover of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, a cover of Talking Heads Psycho Killer, and I think they did another cover, but I can't remember at the moment... too many beers and Jagermeister, I guess. Great show they put on!

Oh, yeah, I really need to see AIC as well!

Comment

I've got to see AIC this time! The Atlanta show last Fall sold out right away. And I like VR, so I'll definitely be trying for tickets.

I agree about Audioslave - looks good on paper, a couple decent songs, but nothing to make me go buy the CD. I did buy the first VR album and think it's really good - not great, but good enough that I would want to see them live.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The new AIC is really killer live. Go see them.

I hear that Duff McKagan may be playing rhythm guitar with them this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
                        I hear that Duff McKagan may be playing rhythm guitar with them this fall.
                        God I hope not. Jerry has done fine by himself all this time, and William can play. Leave Duff with his shitty band. Don't suck the life out of AIC.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                          I agree about Audioslave - looks good on paper, a couple decent songs, but nothing to make me go buy the CD. I did buy the first VR album and think it's really good - not great, but good enough that I would want to see them live.
                          Heh...I will probably be giving mine away soon...

Comment

Well, time to comment

The tour- Awesome. I can't wait.
                            Audioslave - I liked them, but there cd's were like ""the first 2-3 tracks were good, the rest were filler"
                            Tom Morello - He needs to shut up and play guitar
                            Velvet Revolver - I like these guys. They aren't tryign to be GnR, they aren't trying to be STP, they are just trying to be their selves. Yeah, scott Weiland is an obnoxious twit, but I think he has a good vioce. I don't know if I could sit through a concert of him though.

Comment

I saw Chains this past winter. It almost made up for never having seen them with Layne. They were not disappointing at all. Duvall kicks ass. He sounds enough like Layne to make the songs work, but still sounds unique in his own way. He's a hell of a singer, and a great frontman.

I hope the rumours of them recording are true. Another Chains album would be fucking MAJOR!!!!
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X