American Idol Band Search Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol Band Search Contest

My band wants to shoot a video at the prestigious SIR Studios in NYC (my bass player/keyboard player works for MTV) and submit it to the American Idol Band Search Contest.
    I am fighting them tooth and nail against it. I think its pointless, hokey and a waste of time and money. After all... what would American Idol want with a bunch of guys in their 40's??
    The release you have to sign pretty much signs your entire musical life away whether they choose you or not.
    If we did get chosen.. I would not want to go to CA (nor could I).
    It sucks arguing with the guys on this but I am just not into it.

Why would a metal band try compete anyway? You know it's just going to be some poppy bullshit that ends up winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
      Why would a metal band try compete anyway? You know it's just going to be some poppy bullshit that ends up winning.
      uh... exposure...
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
        uh... exposure...
        For the younger bands.. its a great opportunity.

For us old farts.. its just hokey.

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
          uh... exposure...
          uh.....to whom?...Music fans don't watch American Idol, idiots do.

j/k

Seriously, though, John I'd say go for it. You've always said you missed your "shot" at the big time, so step up and grab it.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They had a battle of the band show on many years ago.. probably 6 or 7 years back now? Thats was fun. I really wouldn't mind taking a shot at this if it all falls into place as such.

Comment

Working...
            X