Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official JCF chatroom meetings thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official JCF chatroom meetings thread.

Ok, this is kinda weird. I've been studying for my "Data Communications and Computer Networking" exam for hours, it's all about how a computer is connected to another and protocols etc.

Yesterday we had a large group of people in the chatroom and I started thinking about it when I gave a break to my study (which doesn't count as a break since I can't stop thinking about computer connections ) At some point I started to think how we can get more people to the chatroom. We have that "handshake protocol" at every layer of networking which is simple but useful.

We need to use the handshake protocol to have more people in the chatroom.

That is, somebody sets a date for the meeting and people state if they can attend or not, we find the most suitable time and that's it Nobody complains "you didn't invite me to the chatroom"

Then again I realised how much I thought to arrive to this "too simple solution" using the computer networking logic. And I remember the first thing they taught me "COMPUTERS ARE SILLY"

Sorry for the weird post but I just had to do this and I should also give a break I guess
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

That is indeed a very weird post, NIL. But you are excused, my nerdie friend, because you are under a lot of pressure, attending an exam in about 3 hours time

Did you notice the latency in the chatroom, having 10 people in there last night? It was hell and very hard to make quick jokes. Quick jokes isn't jokes when held up in cyberspace for 30 seconds, I think.

On the other hand, it was quite amusing and I have to give you that. It was good fun with all these people attending.

Good luck trying to protocolize when people want to chat
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Last night was one wild night!

Maybe, the chat interface can be updated, or changed with a faster one? there's A LOT of latency in there.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

yeah updating time was a wee bit to long
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Its not he chat as much as it is the server. That and having people from all over the world probably didn't help. All and all I didn't think it was too bad, and Flashchat is probably the best chat client out there besides IRC.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            Its not he chat as much as it is the server. That and having people from all over the world probably didn't help. All and all I didn't think it was too bad, and Flashchat is probably the best chat client out there besides IRC.
            Agreed

So isn't anybody stating some date?
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Hmm let's see if this works. I've got no plans tonight, so unless someone comes barging in asking if they can borrow the computer for an emergency or something, I'll be on the chat for the next hour(s) or something. Whatever, I've got no life anyway. Drop by if you want to be bored and friendless with me!
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

All the cool kids are in chat now.

Comment

bam!

Comment

Here's a thought. How about a window or some sort of indiciator in the main heading (where all the tabs are on top) to how many if any people are in the chat room. So we can see if there's anybody in there. Is that possable?
                    Gil

Comment

Why don't you start a Poll. People that want to chat could check to poll for most available times people are most likely to chat.
                      Just me two cents.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

We had 10 or 11 people on the other night and it was quite hard to keep a dialog going.Very fun and very funny at times just not a smooth banter like most nights.
                        The chat room is really great I have a good time there
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                          Here's a thought. How about a window or some sort of indiciator in the main heading (where all the tabs are on top) to how many if any people are in the chat room. So we can see if there's anybody in there. Is that possable?
                          Gil
                          Here's a thought. It's already there

What's Going On? Currently Active Users: 42 (12 members and 30 guests) Most users ever online was 209, 11-06-2006 at 03:09 PM.
                          RacerX, Carbuff, Cleveland Metal, followthereaper, Jackson Spine, josephx87, MegaGoo, Model1VH2, sevser, straycat, T@rgetDrone

Members currently using Flashchat: 0 No one is currently using the chat.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have to say I prefer IRC as flashchat is fucking shite.
                            Would any more people use chat if we had an IRC channel all to ourselves?
                            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Let me see if I can remember how this works.

Server, irc.blitzed.org

channel jcf

Can anyone get to this?
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X