Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90F... you're complaining about 90F?
    That's considered a nice day here.

It was 100F yesterday with a light breeze and it was nice out. Spent the morning in the pool.

You couldn't survive in Arizona during the summer without air conditioning.
    Yea, it's dry right now, but come August the humidity really kicks in.
    That's when air conditioners are a must.
    -Rick

Comment

It's mid 80s here, but hotter than normal (should be 70s). What I hate is when you go right out of winter into summer. What ever happened to Spring?

We are in a drought also. Should have had 4" of rain for the month of May, but only got 1/2".

Comment

I'm well aquainted with Middle Eastern heat having spent 2 out of the last 4 years over there. A dry heat like Kuwait & the UAE I could tolerate. Qatar was another animal - 120 degrees with 99% humidity. Fuckin' hell on earth!!!

Not really hot yet in South Georgia - just having to deal with thick smoke from the wildfires close by. I got absolutely nothing accomplished in the yard this past weekend. It's thick at times, sorta like a thick fog.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

shit, you think its hot now, wait til ya die,,,

We need rain desperatly here in FL. its actually been dry and quite pleasant, but too dry
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

90..oh fuck that in the sweaty ass and back!!

I have a Yellow and Black reason in my garage calling my name every fuggin' day..but if it's in the 80's..it can kiss my pampered and powdered ass!!

Sometimes in the 80's I'll take it to a show or a short cruise.

I keep my dick, ass and my balls climate controlled at a constant 72 degrees..in my gothic, chill chamber of evilness.

I always wanted to visit up there to escape the sultry stench of Ohio in the Summer..I would be so pissed if I came over there and it was hotter there than here!!

Sometimes when it's humid and in the 70's it feels like there is super glue under my arms and balls..

I shower 2 times on days like those..

fuck the heat..fuck it to hell!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:12 PM.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                and the wussification of the modern world marches on...
                That's right..Heat is MY Kryptonite!!!

You're used to it in the triple digits..in Texas..oh man I remeber taking the fire dept. test when it was 105 outside and had a full turncoat on, all the battle gear and running up and down the stairs like a nut..I'll never forget that day!!

I can tolerate more shit than most mortals but I'm a fucking whining little bitch when it comes to heat..

I didn't wear my vest when I patrolled when it was hot..fuggit.

Now it's mandatory..It's thoughts like those that make me glad I'm retired.

I remember fuggin' my first gilfriend when it was hot as hell..that wasn't as bad for some reason..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

heat is not all that bad, but when it suddenly comes in the North then it's kinda exhausting
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Heat is not bad when you get used to it..

Like when I was working everyday in the heat..but I live like a mole in the house 24/7 now..I never go out..just sometimes..

So, I melt as soon as I do..I stay in my dark house so much.. I became very light sensitive and wear sun glasses all the time ..even at night..well they're presciptions so I have to..

I used to be outside all day in the heat..but since I've retired..I die just mowing the lawn in the hot sun.

I'm the most pale Dago you ever saw..my head is the color of my snow white ass.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      I'm the most pale Dago you ever saw..my head is the color of my snow white ass.
                      ....... as well as his freshly shaven, snow-white sack!
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                        ....... as well as his freshly shaven, snow-white sack!
                        That's right dammit!!

Comment

74F and climbing to about 85F. Whats lame is we don't have central air, so we have window units, and only one of them is up atm (the one in here ). Not that the heat bothers me, but its the humidity.

Comment

I agree on the humidity part. It can be in the 70s but if it's high humidity it's super uncomfortable. Maybe I should get a dehumidifier?
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              Heat is not bad when you get used to it.
                              +1

I lived in California for 30 years. Not the pussy costal citys like Rob:ROTF: , but the brutal inland valleys ripe with smog and 100+ temps. I've become a whimp over the past 10 years used to summers in Cinci that usually don't go over 90.

This year is off to a bad start however.

Comment

Working...
                              X