So I just heard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just heard....

I just heard my dad died yesterday, he finally gave up to his thyroid cancer.

My mother and father have been divorced for a long time, but it still affected me quite some bit when I heard, about two months ago, that he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I had wanted to go talk to him and ask why he left me and never bothered to contact me or whatever, but I was planning on doing so in July, after my exams, didn't know it was this advanced yet. Eventhough his family and he himself had made it clear they didn't want to speak to me. I wasn't going to let that stop me, though, I deserved answers, looks like I'll never get them now. Life can be a bitch that way. This is certainly an interesting mindset to enter the examperiod with.

His "new family" (not married or anything) have already let it be known that they would not appreciate me, or my mother for that matter, to come to his cremation and that they had taken all the necessary steps to make sure I didn't see a cent of money from any inheritance (legally I'm entitled to 100% of the inheritance), by moving all the money abroad...

Talk about caring people!

[/rant]
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 05-29-2007, 02:19 PM.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Sorry you didn't get that closure that I'm sure you were seeking.

They sound like some pretty sad excuses for humans, sad you get to experience this. I so much hope you get everything that is rightfully yours.

Positive thoughts to you bro.

Comment

So sorry to hear this Can they really keep you from coming to your fathers cremation? I thought that the right to go to yours fathers funeral/crmation was yours by blood..
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

That sucks man. I lost my father at the age of 6 months. Atleast you knew that you had a father. Even if he didn't want to speak to you, you knew he was alive. My deepest condolences.
        My Main Rig:
        '87 Charvel Model 4A
        Peavey KB100 amp
        Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
        '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        '05 Ibanez RG320FM
        '86 Ovation Pinnacle
        '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
        '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Those are shit people.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I lost my 16th friend back in new york this weekend, and it sucks,but what has happened to you is just a heartbreaker, the most painful pain of them all.
            I'm sorry man, go get what's yours, it's your birthright, what are people coming to these days. I wish you had gotten to speak to him, i got lucky and flew from L.A. to N.Y. and got back just in time to get a couple of hours of pouring my heart out to him and the great job he did , how fortunate i was to have him, etc. You're a tough cookie man, I'm in awe of your strength.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Terrible news. Terrible actions by his new family just terrible
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Really appreciate it guys. It just feels like life is flashing by me at the moment, so much shit going on that I have no control over, just trying to keep up. I'm sure it'll all hit me like a ton of fucking bricks later.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hey Ward,
                  that really sucks, man. Don't let those bastards get you down and steal what is yours... best of luck with the exams and my condolences...

Comment

My deepest condolences for you my friend. That new family is shit keeping you away from your father. What I dont understand is that your father not wanting to see you?? Doesnt he realise that you are not the reason for the divorce or something?? How can kids be responsible for parents' actions??
                    Sam

Comment

My thoughts are with you bro. That part of the "family" will get theirs in the long run I'm sure. I also grew up w/o my dad..I never got that closure either, but I'm OK with that now..many years later.

Comment

Jeez..I skipped over this thread because of the title..

wow, I'm very sorry..what can I say man. My dad is wired just like me, I owe everything to him. He is why I am and how. We vent to each other about anything and everything. We don't do that with our closest friends or other family members..well, not everything.

We are already planning his passing..which is my job to ensure he wants everything done his exactly way..and I'm always promising it will be ..to the T.

Much like yourself my grandfather divorced my grandmother and re-married. His wife turned him away from my father at a very early age..because of that, I never knew him, and that is sad. We learned he passed almost a year later, and my dad broke down because he always hoped for a chance of a relationship..I broke down because of my father's pain.

Take care,

I'm very sorry

Bill Z
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Shit dude, sorry to hear about all this. My own dad left many years ago without a reason also (although I kinda get it now) and honestly it's been the best thing for me, but ya still want that closure and for the words to come outta his mouth. I want nothing to do with his other family honestly, so I can't say something like they should be more caring about it on your end, so I'll say the best of luck and I hope all turns out well for you.

Comment

be strong Ward, I hope all the best to you
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That's FUCKED UP
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X