Shipping Guitar To Europe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Guitar To Europe???

Has anyone sent any guitars to Europe lately? I'm going to be selling one and I'm pretty sure that it will go to Europe (all my guitars always end up in Europe). From what I've researched, USPS will not even accept them anymore (my shipping box is 46 1/2 x 8 1/4 x 20). The quotes that I got from Fedex and UPS were almost three hundred dollars (that's including insurance).
    Is there any cheaper way that anyone knows of?

Thanks

If it's a bolt-on neck, take it apart and let the buyer buy a case for it once he gets it. If it's a setneck. Yikes
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I JUST sent a guitar to Spain on Tuesday, $98.33 USPS

Comment

Yeah depends on the guitar. I don't know if USPS has changed their policy, but a normal shaped guitar, with a normal case and double-box packing with lots of padding/foam shipped for about $100.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

This whole new USPS shipping shit has me stumpted. I shipped a skateboard USPS. She whipped out the trusty cloth tape measure and I was slapped with a $3.95 surcharge. From now on, anything I ship, short of a guitar, is going at $3 a pound. And that's after I factor in a $10 base.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I've heard this $300 figure on numerous occasions for UPS shipping. In the past 2 years I have bought a dozen guitars from the States(I never buy in my own Greedy UK) and have never had to pay more than $130.

USPS were usually around $70-80 for brand new american Strats. USPS, however, will only insure to a maximum of $873 so depending on value you take a chance.

Where UPS were concerned I've had a Washburn/Boogiestreet custom green quilt Evil Twin, Jackson SL2H Lightning Sky Soloist(bargain of all time) and a prototype Washburn X50 PRO FE. The dearest shipping was $130 for the X50 as it came in a Aluminium Flight Case.

These were all brand new Guitars from stores in the US so maybe they have a discount due to the volume of business they do with UPS. Maybe worth looking into. Get friendly with one and bung 'em $20 for their trouble.
            There is but one God - And he is Metal

Comment

If you are using a oversized box which isn't hard to do, it will be about $300. all the boxes that I have seen that are not oversized don't protect the guitar very well. I was called a liar last year by someone in europe that asked me to ship there. 2 of the 3 big shippers charge more for larger boxes.

Comment

I've got 2 guitars shipped to Turkey.One was in 2005, it costed me 227 dollars.(it was a Freedom by SKB case), and one was last month,with a USA Jackson case, it costed me 310 dollars.

The oil prices keep going up, so the shipping prices go up,too.

And for the 80-130 dollars range, how much time does it take for the guitar to arrive?
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                  And for the 80-130 dollars range, how much time does it take for the guitar to arrive?
                  The USPS $80 range can take up 2 weeks and are not trackable online.

The three UPS delivered guitars($130 mark) take 5 days maximum and are fully trackable online.

The Boogiestreet Evil Twin was $96 via UPS shipped September 2006.
                  The SL2H was $110 and shipped November 2006.
                  The X50 Prototype was $130 and shipped November 2005.

There must be a reason why these dealers can ship cheaper than Joe Public. I can think of no other reason than the volume of business they do.
                  There is but one God - And he is Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson Spine View Post
                    The USPS $80 range can take up 2 weeks and are not trackable online.

The three UPS delivered guitars($130 mark) take 5 days maximum and are fully trackable online.

The Boogiestreet Evil Twin was $96 via UPS shipped September 2006.
                    The SL2H was $110 and shipped November 2006.
                    The X50 Prototype was $130 and shipped November 2005.

There must be a reason why these dealers can ship cheaper than Joe Public. I can think of no other reason than the volume of business they do.

That's the explanation,probably.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                    X