Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busking (playing guitar in public for donations)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busking (playing guitar in public for donations)?

Anyone here have any good busking (street musician) stories?

Been thinking about jamming on the streets with an acoustic guitar and an open case just for fun... but my only acoustic is my Taylor and too pricey to risk in public. I might have to find the person who bought my old $110 acoustic and buy it back from her...

In my downtown area, there are the occasional scary-looking guitar-wielding guys who look like they're on the verge of being homeless. It's obvious they're doing it for the money but I'd be doing it for fun. I'd probably choose a more upscale area and I'd obviously be dressed nicer than the other performers.

Well when I went to NYC on a school band trip last month when we were waiting in line for the ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty there was one guy playing some weird ukelele type thing but with a guitar scale length (if anyone has any idea what this is let me know it looked fun ) And he would make up songs on the spot with lyrics geared towards whoever happened to be in front of him at the time. Well, these two band kids who are going out were holding hands and he said something along these lines "Girls dont get pregnant for these guys, and guys dont get these girls pregnant. Yhats what pumpkins are for and halloween is coming up " We all were dying laughing because he just told us to have sex with pumpkins the adults didn't find it as amusing :ROTF: ah New York Also there was a guy playing a steel drum and he played the Beverly Hills Cop theme and the Super Mario Bros. theme which was awesome. He got alot of money from the band kids too.

Comment

Working...
    X