Going into the studio today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into the studio today!

Well my bands going into the studio today! Never been in a studio, but do know that this is where is all counts!! Anybody got any tips??
    I love admins!

best solos are born when someone gives you head
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      best solos are born when someone gives you head
      Lol! There won't be any of that going on in there tonight I hope! Lol!
      I love admins!

Comment

Tips depend on how long you are staying. And what kind of person you are. If it is long hours and you are the worrying type, maybe even a perfectionist.... drink, eat and sleep properly! Best advice I can give.

If it is a one nighter... just chill out and enjoy it.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

make sure you are prepared, and just take it easy.
          www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Always bring a sock to tie around the neck.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Lol! It's a one nighter! We're only doing 3 songs. He's charging us 350$ for 3 songs, two rough, and one mixed and mastered! Is that reasonable??
              I love admins!

Comment

yeah, i think so. i have a lot of studio experience and the best advice i can give you is just to relax. the first couple of times in it can and will be overwhelming. just relax and play. don't worry about the red light. don't worry about anything. just go in and play your parts the best that you can. good luck and enjoy!!!!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah. just relax. Stay loose. Don't worry about the tape rolling or other people watching or listening or anything. I like to use headphones and have the Drums loud in the mix. I think if you have the material down before you go that is what matters the most. Go get some rest!

Comment

uh, don't trip over any cables?
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Have your songs and parts together. Do some simple recording on your own so the first time you are hearing yourself at normal stereo levels or whatever is not while you are in the studio and end up deciding you don't like a certian part or whatever. That can be costly.

Comment

Working...
                      X