X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the new Anthrax singer is...

Corey Taylor? Well... Maybe... Read on.

From Blabbermouth...

SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor has confirmed that he has been working with ANTHRAX on material for their upcoming studio album. Speaking to Germany's Rock Hard magazine, Taylor said of the possibility that he will become the new ANTHRAX singer, "It's been banded about. I'm not saying anything right now because all it's been is just talked about. Obviously, I'm really good friends with those guys. It kind of started as a joke. And then the more we talked about it, the more serious it got. I'm gonna at least help them out. It's kind of a dream come true — ANTHRAX is one of my favorite bands. We're just kind of taking baby steps right now. I know that we worked on about eight or nine songs together that I've written lyrics for, and there was a song that I had actually written for them that I was just gonna give them the music for, and once this kind of happened, I had to turn around and write lyrics for it myself. But there's nothing definite right now. It's one of those things where it's like we're just gonna kind of play it by ear and just see what happens. So there's nothing definite. It's something that we're talking about — it's something that we kind of wanna do. But I'm in two huge bands right now. So it's like I barely get enough time to sleep, let alone do another band. . . I'm gonna be busy, period. I'm just kind of honored that they would even consider me. These are people that I grew up listening to, these are guys that I had the privilege of getting to know on a real basis. To have them look at me and go, 'You know what? We would love to work with you,' it's such a huge compliment. It kind of makes me feel like I've come a long way in my life."

Humm... Interesting...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

I really like Corey's voice, and Anthrax need a great singer, but I hope it's not Corey - like he says, he's already in 2 big bands, and if he joins Anthrax, he'll be gone in 2 years and they'll get into revolving door singers....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Well, who knows what this means for the future of either of those 2 bands. Could get very interesting...

Comment

The gaps in time that each of these bands have between recording and touring could allow for it. The thing would be can Corey keep up with the demand. I would be very interested in hearing him sing and write with Anthrax.

Comment

I may be in the minority here but I prefer John Bush.
          Scott

Comment

Wow, I am surprised I didn't hear about Beladona leaving the band. Every time it does't work with Anthrax he comes back here putting a band together.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
              Wow, I am surprised I didn't hear about Beladona leaving the band. Every time it does't work with Anthrax he comes back here putting a band together.

Matt
              A few years ago I saw a "Belladonna" CD on sale at Fry's for like $2. I somehow found the willpower to resist temptation, however :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Are these other bands of his any good?
              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

I really like Slipknot and Stone Sour, I have been listening to Subliminal Verses alot lately. The first Stone Sour disc was great, but it is taking some time for me to get into the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  A few years ago I saw a "Belladonna" CD on sale at Fry's for like $2. I somehow found the willpower to resist temptation, however :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Are these other bands of his any good?
                  I know one lineup he had was real good. He can basicly pick anyone around here. I haven't really kept up with anything he does lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                    I may be in the minority here but I prefer John Bush.
                    +100

Bush is the first real singer Anthrax had.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Why would a legit, respected metal band have some dumbass nu metal dude sing for them? I mean, Anthrax is like 45, not 15.

Comment

Yeah. Bush did prove he could bring Anthrax to a whole new level. I like Belladonna in Anthrax but Bush kicked ass. I hope they find someone that can even do Bush's material with them justice. I liked him alot in Armored Saint too so it was bitter sweet when he joined Anthrax.

Comment

Since I'm old enough to remember when "Spreading The Disease" came out, I like Joey. Bush should have stayed with Armored Saint. That was his band. Not Anthrax. But "Sound Of White Noise" was OK. They lost me after that one. But Bush is a hell of a singer...

I won't even touch the "dumbass nu metal singer" comment...

Comment

Anthrax has teen angst

Comment

banded about
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X