strap locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strap locks

ok ive been kit in the head by machine heads and smacked my toes when my guitars have fallen of there straps. now when I purchase a guitar the first thing I do is put strap locks on. why do these very sensible items not come as standard?
    no sig.....

They do - on some guitars. I see them on lots of Fenders (US models), and ESP's. Jackson's strap buttons are pretty good already, as are Ibanez. Gibson is the WORST - I'd be willing to bet that there are more broken Les Paul headstocks out there than ANY other guitar. It's CRIMINAL that LP's don't come standard with some kind of strap lock system.

Schaller and Dunlop need to make money too though!

Comment

PRS also have some great strap buttons, but yes some guitars do come with strap locks installed from the factory. Like Chris mentioned some of Fender American guitars come with strap locks and Kramer's American line are two that come to mind.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
        Gibson is the WORST - I'd be willing to bet that there are more broken Les Paul headstocks out there than ANY other guitar. It's CRIMINAL that LP's don't come standard with some kind of strap lock system.
        +1. The heaviest guitars have the smallest strap buttons. That's about assbackwards as you can get.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I've had my LPC fall off the strap a couple times. I just thank God that I'm quick enough to catch it. I play it sitting down now. I know one of these times, I won't be so quick.
          My Main Rig:
          '87 Charvel Model 4A
          Peavey KB100 amp
          Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
          '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
          '05 Ibanez RG320FM
          '86 Ovation Pinnacle
          '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
          '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I've had my LPC fall off the strap a couple times. I just thank God that I'm quick enough to catch it. I play it sitting down now. I know one of these times, I won't be so quick.

replace them dammit
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I was surprised to see that the SL2HT has smaller strap buttons when compared to the DK2, SLSMG and DKMGT. No idea why. Everything else is top quality on the guitar.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                I was surprised to see that the SL2HT has smaller strap buttons when compared to the DK2, SLSMG and DKMGT. No idea why. Everything else is top quality on the guitar.
                Really? Wow, that's interesting. Always liked the oversized J/C buttons and don't really feel a need to have straplocks when using them. Ibanez straplocks are nice and big, too. Though, if I need to put straplocks on a guitar, first choice would be the DiMarzio Cliplock, then Schaller, then Dunlop.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I also like Jackson Strap buttons, but I put Dunlop Straploks on to make it easier to change straps. I also like my Washburn's Strap Buttons... nice n sturdy. My Ibanez ones are pretty solid as well.

Comment

Those Kramer boomerang buttons look like they would work great.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Really? Wow, that's interesting. Always liked the oversized J/C buttons and don't really feel a need to have straplocks when using them.
                      yeah, I was surprised too. My first Jackson was a DKMGT, followed by a SLSMG and then the DK2T. I LOVED the import Jacksons' strap buttons. But the sl2ht's is only... meh.

This is the slsmg's strap button.

this is the sl2ht's...

Sam

Comment

Schaller makes the best ones I have found, just slightly different than Dunlops
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Wow, I can't believe the USA has smaller buttons now. Even my import Mark Morton model has the regular size. I've never heard of Jackson using smaller buttons ever. Weird.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

this is something similar to what I use now.

Sam

Comment

Emperor I hadn't seen those before. I am going to try some.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X