strap locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty View Post
    Emperor I hadn't seen those before. I am going to try some.
    I got a Planet Waves strap from one of Fetts contest that has a plastic lock like that, even tho they have some rubber pads on them, it just seems like a lot of plastic that could scratch your guitar
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Planet Waves strap buttons are pretty nice. Like 3 bucks (I think), and Guitar Center keeps them in stock in all three finishes.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
        I got a Planet Waves strap from one of Fetts contest that has a plastic lock like that, even tho they have some rubber pads on them, it just seems like a lot of plastic that could scratch your guitar
        I dont know about the PW strap, but the ones I showed in the pic will not scratch the guitar finish. It goes like this, you first strap on the guitar, then this device over the strap and turn the outer ring until its nice and tight. So, the order is... strap-lock, strap, guitar finish. No scratching cause its not touching the guitar finish. But yeah, you wont be able to swing the guitar over your head like steve vai used to do.:ROTF: But if you just want your guitar to not fall down, this will do the job.
        Sam

Comment

I used to put the Dunlop straplocks on my guitars first thing.

Then I got my SL1 a couple of years ago. I couldn't bring myself to modify such a nice guitar brand new. So I shelled out like $40 bucks for a nice Levy leather strap. That was probably some of the best $40 I've ever spent. I practice standing up, so it's been used basically every single day for the last two years. The guitar has never slipped, and I could probably easily get another two years out of the strap. A nice bonus is that the strap looks real nice and make me look a little more professional.

If you don't want to modify your guitar, try sinking you money into a nice strap.

Comment

emperor_black, I'm using the same thing. It rocks!

Comment

Working...
            X