The USPS has stumped me again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The USPS has stumped me again

I'll post the auction. I can't find the old thread. But look at that box!!! It weighs a ton. And the postage was only $35. It was PP but WTF!!!. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2986&rd=1&rd=1 That's unreal.
    Last edited by fett; 06-07-2007, 03:11 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Yes they are remarkably cheap, even transatlantic (to Europe) they are TONS cheaper than any of the competition and still just as reliable. (Once you have to file a claim you're pretty much done for, though...)
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The guitar is an '02 20th Anniversary. It's killer.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        The guitar is an '02 20th Anniversary. It's killer.
        the auction page shows a squier package.
        Sam

Comment

This maybe? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270119290154

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            the auction page shows a squier package.
            I turned out not to be. The amp is a Frontman 15R (reverb) and the 'tar is an '02 Squier. No stetup whatsoever. 10 minutes and wala. It's light as a feather. And almost mint. If it is it's a great pack.
            Last edited by fett; 06-07-2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              That, BTW, is another killer.

Comment

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: That big box was full of newspaper. I had to go back and check the auction to see all the goodies I got. I pulled out a package, but I was missing stuff. WTF I had to dive into the box to fetch the rest.:ROTF: What's so hard about putting all that shit in one bag?

Comment

at least they put it by your front door. last package I got (ups) they put it with my garbage

Comment

Me and my maildude are buds. I came outside as soon as I heard his backdoor open (don't start:ROTF: ). That amp retails for $99. I did get a good deal.

Comment

That's the one where you were laughing at her because she only charged you $25 for shipping, right? You thought she was going to get reamed on the shipping and were chuckling about it. You posted that one in E-fraid, I think...
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I was wrong and I'll admit it. I just shipped a skateboard. That cost me $20. That's what has me stumped. I had the same kinda guitar deal from another guy and it cost him $100 to ship. How the fuck can anyone quote a shipping cost on an auction? And, that is my point.
                        Last edited by fett; 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                          I was wrong and I'll admit it. I just shipped a skateboard. That cost me $20. That's what has me stumped. I had the same kinda guitar deal from another guy and it cost him $100 to ship. How the fuck can anyone quote a shipping cost on an auction? And, that is my point.
                          Simple: go to the shipper's website, enter the dimensions and weight of the shipping package, and enter ZIP codes reflecting the greatest possible distance within the USA, and you'll get a quote that will cover you within the USA.

Sometimes it'll be a little more if there's rural delivery involved, but you can usually get a maximum figure and if it's only a few bucks more, eat it, as happened here.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I just measured the box. It's 42X19x12. The shipping was $26.93 + possible sucharge. If that box was 48in long, the shipping would have been $97.82+. USPS Parcel Post. They did good.

Comment

Working...
                            X