F1 on Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 on Fox

I expected NASCAR. So I'm there for 5 minutes and there was a horrible crash. It made me ill to see it. I mean, I really hope he's OK.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

He appears to be OK. It was an awful crash. They really do make safe cars.

Comment

According to FOX, there are 300 million people watching the Can GP. I guess we aren't part of that.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

This is just like Chat, I'm talking to myself. But, I have a question: Why do these cars have to run at 19,000 RPM? That's 10,000 more RPM's than NASCAR cars and they go faster. I don't get it.:ROTF:

Comment

because they use relatively small V-8's, and they need a bigger rev range because unlike an oval track, they have slow speed, middle speed, and high speed corners to navigate. and are you saying the stock cars are faster fett? because it just depends on the circuit. When the f1 guys race at Indy next week, you'll see them hit around 220 at the end of the front straight.

Comment

I want 19K RPM NASCAR cars. Now that would be fun.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

He broke a leg and that's it, I saw the car flying through the air and thought the worse.
              Good win for Hamilton, I think we're seeing a future champion.
              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

they use pnumatics instead of springs for the valve train to turn those crazy RPM. that was a nasty crash, Hamilton looks like the real deal
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I also thought it would be worst. it looked like there was a problem with his belt system... he moved too much in there.

But there goes to show you all the safty tech in F-1.
                  '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                  '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                  custom made Les Paul
                  VOX Tonelab LE
                  Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                  ADA MP1
                  BBE 422A
                  Lexicon MPX-G2
                  ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                  Support Your Local 81

Comment

A Nascar engine would never even come close to surviving 19,000 RPMs Fett. With the displacement restrictions (2.4L V8) they need the revs to make power.

It was a great race, and it's awesome to see Hamilton take a win. He's finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, & 1st this year. Podiumed every damn race of his short career. Not bad for a rookie.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

He's hardly inexperienced, McLaren picked him up when he was still a sperm.

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                        He's hardly inexperienced, McLaren picked him up when he was still a sperm.

LOL, he walked up and introduced himself to Ron Dennis when he was 11 years old, and said "I want to drive for you".
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I don't care about this new racing at all. It's a all BS to me. Push button shifting on F1 cars. Non-Stock cars on NASCAR. The safety thing is good. But the rest is not what I would call "Racing".

Comment

I prefer the older drivers though, the new lot are boring fuckers, bring back the 70s when they were out partying till the early hours, fucking loads of women coked off their tits and then racing the next day. All with no traction control, abs, engine management, or frigging launch control.

I miss James Hunt.

Oh dear I feel old...

Comment

launch control's been gone for a while now, and i think traction controls going away after this season maybe. but still, i get what your saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X