another gun therad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another gun therad

ok in the uk hand guns totally banned. shot guns double barrels with a license yes. pumps only 3 shell capacity. rifles only 22 rim fire in semi auto any thing in a bolt action but you have to apply to the the police for every gun your own. that's its just about.

now ive never even considered getting a gun. i do not hunt and even if i had a gun and shot some 1 it would still be murder no matter what the circumstances.

ive never been threatened in any way with gun in fact ive never scene a real gun.

whats it like in the states . do you see ppl with guns on a regular basis? do you get shot at regularly? have you been shot?

I'm not anti gun (we dont have them hear so its different) or anti American just curious?

edited for colour
    Last edited by asix; 06-12-2007, 01:40 PM.
    no sig.....

I like Guns..they're cool.

I like BIG guns..the bigger the better..

I'm good with them..very good.

I can kick severe ass without them too..but

It's always nice to be able to survive ALL levels of the force continuum..

It's all about survival for me...self preservation...and to be able to take control of all and any situation.

Bill Z Bub
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post

whats it like in the states . do you see ppl with guns on a regular basis? do you get shot at regularly? have you been shot?

Sorry

Comment

"whats it like in the states . do you see ppl with guns on a regular basis? do you get shot at regularly? have you been shot?"

Yeah, I can't count how many times I had to draw my gun or been shot at..about as much as I shake hands..maybe more...True that!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

But you're a cop right? I can't imagine regular ppl getting shot at at all 'regulary'

Comment

Oh jeez. This is what some folks outside the US think of America?

BTW, that text color is plain painful to read.

Comment

I saw a scene once from a movie or commercial where ppl were using their guns to do everything, turning on the lights, 'dimming' the lights etc... that was hilarious and i guess this can create a bad image for the US

Comment

You know..I actually find this quite interesting..this stuff doesn't get me mad at all.

You can see other's reality..or their perception of it.

This all depends on your own personal experiences, how and where you were raised, and your owns dealings with people.. bad or good and ect.

I was actually a bit "naive" in hindsight. I always was somewhat "street smart"..my dad was connected and I saw him in some very crazy and bad situations..

When I became a cop, I learned alot..some good ..some very bad. No matter what I learned..I can't unlearn nor forget..unfortunately!

I have "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" and "Major Depression" because of my personal dealings with humans..I will have this for the rest of my life...what a comforting thought.
                Last edited by horns666; 06-12-2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

This article suits the thread:

You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
                    I can write a book on stories such as that and much worse.

Maybe I will..someday.

Comment

I'm glad we still have good ol' fist fights over here.... non of that pussy shooting shit
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        I'm glad we still have good ol' fist fights over here.... non of that pussy shooting shit
                        Yeah but then someone can't take it they lost and pulls a knife, and then the tears start flowing

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                          Yeah but then someone can't take it they lost and pulls a knife, and then the tears start flowing
                          it's VERY rare when that happens.... be a man and use your hands or just get lost
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            Yeah, I know!!

It was like that here once upon a time..when I was very young.

Then the boogers (human pollution) infested what was "nice " neighborhoods..and ran them into the ground like a unstoppable cancer..and with that came the drive byes, the robbery's, the rapes, drugs, prostitution, murders, poverty and all that lovely boogery shit!

Bless them..oh bless their stinky hearts!

They were job security for me..they made me alot of money...bless them..everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post

I'm not anti gun (we dont have them hear so its different) or anti American just curious?
                              1: Yes, people can be seen with guns on a regular basis, and violent crimes are very often commited in a lot of areas. Not all areas are dangerous, of course, and there are some beautiful places here. But sadly , scum are available everywhere as well.

2: I have been shot at (never hit) several times in my 43 years. But that was because I grew up in a very rough area and I ran too close to the rough side a lot. It's far from being like that in "most" places here. But, the cities are rough, and you can end up in a bad place easily.

3: Glad to hear you have a honest curiousity and not a prejudice. Very cool.

Most of what you see here, is a result of good people realizing it is often very dangerous in some areas. Even nice areas, things do happen. And we are very attuned to it from seeing the end results constantly on the news etc...

Many people merely wish to protect themselves from the "somewhat" unlikely chance they may be caught in the middle of something. It's not like most of us are wild wild west gun nuts... We merely savor our safety, our freedom, and want to protect ourselves.
                              Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 06-12-2007, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X