USPS rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS rates

Okay, so I'm ordering some non guitar related items. Here's the shipping options I was offered:

FedEx
    Overnight: $50.04

United States Postal Service
    Express: $79.80

So FedEx is now $30 (!) cheaper for essentially the same service. Aren't these new rate changes going to put the USPS out of business? I don't see how they stand a chance of competing.

they don;t have too....... fedex see the chance for gold, so they raise their prices as well. kinda like when two gas stations are next to each other, when one goes down the other follows suit.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

But why would they raise prices if everyone is going to flock to them anyway? They'll certainly take a huge share of the market with prices like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
        But why would they raise prices if everyone is going to flock to them anyway? They'll certainly take a huge share of the market with prices like that.
        it doesn't work that way. They will follow suit. Everyone's greedy. There are some "loyal" customers who will keep going to fedex/usps no matter what the rates are. Its those people who these businesses are gonna target. But it is suprising to see the difference.
        Sam

Comment

USPS = United States Postal Service. And, yes, they can kiss my ass for shipping anything. Their price increases are fucking ridiculous. I'll just keep using UPS and keep packing what I ship tight as a mamma-jamma. Just shipped a guitar and amp recently and cost me a grand total of $55.
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
          X