Mountain or wallclimbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain or wallclimbing

A few friends of mine are climbing walls (indoors) and mountains regularly, and they asked me to join them sometime.
    Now since climbing needs a lot of finger strength, i'm a bit worried as to how this would affect my guitarplaying. Does anyone have experience with this? Will it improve my fretting hand, or the opposite? Also there's the risk of injury to the fingers and attached muscles i suppose?
    Any advice would be appreciated

SlasZ,
    I use to climb all the time. It will not hurt your fingers unless you get them wedged in a wall crack and slip. Its a whole body technique(sp)-not just fingers or legs. Thats where my friends made their mistake-hockey players and soccer players. Their legs were twice the size of mine and I still whoop their butts. You have to use everthing-If you don't you will burn your legs out quickly then the upper body goes next.
    Heres one of me coming up the wall:

Another trying to reach the heavens-This out cropping was call "The Stairway To Heaven" I did it with out a saftey line. Hard as hell but when you get to the top it was killer. Climbing to me was/is a very Zen state.
    Last edited by charveljunkie; 06-12-2007, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie View Post
      SlasZ,

I would never do anything like that without a safety line It would be just my luck to slip up and fall 3 zillion feet to my doom.
      Last edited by slayer32390; 06-13-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
        I would enver do anything like that without a safety line It would be just my luck to slip up and fall 3 zillion feet to my doom.
        You would not fall-something about damn I you let go I'm dead. That was 2 years in conditioning and I was in better shape. Now noway-It would take me a year to get back to that.

Comment

That's pretty impressive, i'll let u know how it went tonight. If tomorrow you see a black KV-2 on ebay from Belgium, you know something went horribly wrong :ROTF:

Comment

charveljunkie,

You look just like Jason Becker in the first picture
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
            X