I bought a bike.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    I think you need to get to that course, before a stupid mistake bites you in the ass! Maybe park the bike for a couple weeks.

You're probably already countersteering without realizing it.
    +1 agreed. Nothing wrong with a little practice before class, but *personaly*, I'd avoid heavy traffic, interstates and things of that nature until then.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      One more thing.. I was stopped in traffic at a light going uphill. This is when I realized that I need to be holding the back brake!!!
      Another thing I would like to know from all you riders... were you scared shitless in the beginning? I am.
      I can't wait until riding is enjoyable because so far.. its pretty stressful.
      I hold the front brake on hills, that way I can keep both feet on the ground. More stability, but every rider is different. Good luck and be safe brother.

Edit** Oh yeah, if you stick with it, the fear passes and the day it finay all "clicks" is a rockin' day for sure. Riding for pleasure is a good thing for sure, but I do believe any sensible rider always has some fear, just not enough to keep you from enjoying it or else it's pointless.
      Last edited by Hotrod; 06-22-2007, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        I haven't taken the MSF course yet. My first class is July 12th.
        I know how to countersteer but I am too chicken to try it on the road.
        Basically... I put another 15 miles on the bike tonight before it started raining. I rode in traffic this time. I even got on the thruway and got off of an easy exit.
        I again.. made some stupid mistakes. Grabbing the clutch instead of the brake and visa versa, and making low speed turns at traffic lights. I seem to studder around the turns. One more thing.. I was stopped in traffic at a light going uphill. This is when I realized that I need to be holding the back brake!!!
        Another thing I would like to know from all you riders... were you scared shitless in the beginning? I am.
        I can't wait until riding is enjoyable because so far.. its pretty stressful.
        the best way to try countersteering is on a dead straight road. push, and lean. do not "turn" the bars. Uphill? rt foot, back brake, let out the clutch as you let off the brake.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
        X