Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Scott Soto Out of Journey...

Bummer, he is an amazing singer.

One of my favorite discs is "Marching Out", and it is because of Soto. The vocals really make that album.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The reason for dismissal is worse than the ending of The Sopranos.
      "POOP"

Comment

I always thought of him as temporary with Journey.
        He was just filling in for Steve A.
        I never thought he was taking over for Steve on a permanent basis.
        -Rick

Comment

Steve A. was out officially and Jeff was announced as the new singer in December. So no, he was not meant to be temporary.

You have to wonder what happened in 6 months to cause this...

Below is the official press release from the Journey website back then:

December 19, 2006

PRESS RELEASE

JOURNEY NAMES JEFF SCOTT SOTO

OFFICIAL NEW LEAD SINGER

December 19, 2006 -- Jeff Scott Soto has been officially named the new lead singer of Journey. He had been filling in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the U.S. tour with Def Leppard shortly after it began on June 23 due to illness.

“We are so grateful to Steve for all the years he dedicated to Journey,” says Journey in a joint statement. “We thank Steve for all his hard work and we wish him only the best in his future endeavors. Over the past few months, we’ve come to realize that Jeff has proven himself above and beyond that he can sing the hell out of our songs and we’re happy to officially welcome him as part of the family. We’re excited to start a new chapter with Jeff and we’re excited about what the future may bring.”

Steve Augeri states: “Singing for Journey these last eight years have been the most challenging and the most rewarding of my career. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the band, and especially the fans, for the privilege of being part of a musical legacy that has touched so many hearts and souls. I wish my fellow bandmates success and happiness as they continue to make great music in the future, as I will strive to do the same myself.”

Jeff Soto also adds, “With delight & pleasure, I am accepting the offer to continue my tenure with Journey now as their permanent vocalist after the amazing past months we've spent together on tour. I also pay high respect to Steve Augeri for coming in and helping Journey continue their legacy for nearly the last decade and to Steve Perry for co-creating this legacy. I hope to now add and help drive Journey into the next stage of this band's future.”

Comment

Guess I missed that press release.
            -Rick

Comment

I like Soto with Yngwie, but hated him with Journey, though I did see him only a few weeks into the tour. Just IMO.

Comment

Ok, so we have Augeri and Soto out. Now who is coming to dinner? Maybe Perry and the boys can bury the hatchet and tour next year. A 58/59 year old lead singer fronting a band? It could happen, but not very likely.
                Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Apparently there is NO WAY Steve Perry is coming back.

And apparently the fan reaction is very negative towards Journey for dropping Soto, he was from all i've read, an excellent frontman for them.

I noticed this morning the Journey fan forum is "temporarily offline".

Comment

I saw them last summer with JSS singing. They put on a great show (...despite the cheesy ballad rep, Journey is an awesome and rocking band, and Schon kicks ass). JSS had a great voice and great stage presence. The chicks seemed to dig him and, after all, at a Journey show that's a lot of what matters. It's too bad. Honestly, I think the only way they'd do much better than him is if Perry returned for an original lineup reunion. Maybe that's what's in the cards?

Comment

JSS is one of my favorite vocalist. I saw him back int he 80's with Yngwie..just before the release of Marching Out...great voice and front man.

I wish I kew he was in Journey, I would have wen tot see him
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        Honestly, I think the only way they'd do much better than him is if Perry returned for an original lineup reunion. Maybe that's what's in the cards?
                        Well, it wouldn't be an original lineup, considering Steve Perry was their third singer.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Well, it wouldn't be an original lineup, considering Steve Perry was their third singer.
                          This is True. Perry couldn't do it because of some ass muscle injury called Pussyitus. I don't think Journey wants him back anyways.

Steve Perry, David Lee Roth and Dennis DeYoung can all for a support group and wonder why thier bands have gone on without them and not bowed at thier feet begging them to come back and cater to thier every whim......

Comment

LOL, It appears that they are actively courting Jeremy from the Journey tribute band "Frontiers". I just think that Jeff wanted to do new stuff and they just wanna ride the cash cow into retirement. Maybe they felt threatened due to his talent and energy and great stage presence.
                            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Theres a dude on blabbermouth saying Soto was kicked out because he told someone that Deen was in rehab. I don't know if I believe that or not. But something fishy is going on here...

There is also a "fan report" saying that DLR is jamming with VH right now, sans Anthony. This guy cornered Alex in a Deli and he said Roth was very supportive of Eddie and this attempt to get sober and has been a real friend. But they will never work with Mike again. But they are planning for a tour in late summer early fall...

Now, take those with a grain of salt...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X