Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global warming, no worries. Why? Don't freak out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think progressives are missing a big chance to influence history and advance their cause. They should advocate the destruction of Saudi Arabia and Iran. It would certainly hasten the movement away from the oil economy.

Comment

Oil in shortage? Umm.... No.

It is being limited. OPEC limits production to keep prices high. Oil production is regulated just like Diamond mining...

There is enough oil to last us hundreds of years. And with the new findings of oil shelfs in the ocean by China, ANWAR and other places, hundreds of years afterwards.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, oil will always be there, but the price will go up.

The Americans should probably worry more about a possible scenario when oil is no longer traded in dollars. I guess that would make things a lot harder for you, and I still believe that was the real reason behind the Iraq war; to keep Iraq from dumping the dollar for the euro.

Comment

The only Globes that are WARMING are my balls!

Fuggums..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah oil is infinite. So is everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
              Yeah oil is infinite. So is everything else.
              I know your being sarcastic in that statement but people really need to quit thinking that the Earths natural resources are infinite. We need to squelch our appitites for natural resources and work on attempting to replenish them. The problem is people live in the NOW and dont want to invest in the future because they figure they wont be around so why bother. Our planet will end up looking like mars eventually and that doesnt look like a coolplace to me
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by monk View Post
                Yeah, oil will always be there, but the price will go up.

The Americans should probably worry more about a possible scenario when oil is no longer traded in dollars. I guess that would make things a lot harder for you, and I still believe that was the real reason behind the Iraq war; to keep Iraq from dumping the dollar for the euro.
                The guys in charge of Iraq have proven hat they really don't mind at all a weak dollar. Nor do they mind the possibility of our currency being held to the whims of a foreign entity. China could do instant damage if it wanted to. They hold all our debt.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                  The guys in charge of Iraq have proven hat they really don't mind at all a weak dollar. Nor do they mind the possibility of our currency being held to the whims of a foreign entity. China could do instant damage if it wanted to. They hold all our debt.
                  The weak dollar isn't necessarily an evil since it makes US exports more attractive all over the world which, in turn, creates and preserves jobs and industry here in the US. If you care about domestic jobs and preserving what's left of the US industrial base you might have to learn to live with a weak dollar.

China and the US are in what mounts to a Mexican standoff. The "nuclear option" for the US would be to repudiate all debt held by China which would implode their economy, utterly destroy their banking sector, and likely topple their government. Of course the worldwide financial shockwave would have horrific consequences for just about everyone but that's true in the scenario where China uses US debt in an attempt to inflict damage on the US as well.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I want to fuck planet Earth...My pole is the axis of the world.

You know the "North Pole"..that's my pud!!!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                      The weak dollar isn't necessarily an evil since it makes US exports more attractive all over the world which, in turn, creates and preserves jobs and industry here in the US. If you care about domestic jobs and preserving what's left of the US industrial base you might have to learn to live with a weak dollar.
                      Yes, but a weak dollar would certainly matter a lot more if oil were traded in, let's say, euros instead?

Comment

Originally posted by monk View Post
                        Yes, but a weak dollar would certainly matter a lot more if oil were traded in, let's say, euros instead?
                        IMHO that would be something of a blessing in disguise for the US. We won't reduce our dependence on imported oil until such a time as individuals here each have a financial incentive to move to alternate fuels. If such incentive can be created without completely destroying our economy and before the government intervenes and distorts the markets we'll be better off in the long run.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                        X