Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY American cousin is coming over!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commuting is a fucking 'mare in London. But London is a great city, if you have money, it's a shit-hole otherwise. Lots to do there though, fwopping your knob at the Queen, catching something at Kings Cross, the West End at 3 in the morning then catching the night bus home. Oh happy days.

Oh and it's nicer than stoke
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
      I)

I forgot to thank you for your earlier post when you kindly referred me to the OED…I’d like to return the favour…anecdotal…I’ll let you look it up for yourself.
      No need to old bean, perfectly aware what "anecdotal" is. "Anecdotal EVIDENCE" is something else, though I guess I should have qualified it by saying that Mrs Rsmacker is a Barrister, and my brother and sis-in-law are pi.....erm, police officers. My sister is a leading HIV expert. (Yep, I'm the let-down of the family) Their experiences led me to my conclusions. Unless, of course they are fucking liars and just like to wind me up. Maybe if I had lived at 28 addresses I would be more wordly-wise.

Oh, and by the way, you did say you hadn't encountered any problems etc etc., have a look back and re-read, there's a good boy.

Good job you didn't take your guests to that there London yesterday 24seven, (or Glasgow today for that matter), though thankfully, our good old Rozzers were on the ball. Might be marginally safer in Stoke.

"Stoke-on-Trent : England's dirtbox"
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
        Forty-five minutes of absolute purgatory crammed into various buses and tube trains, surrounded by hundreds of pissed-off people. How anyone can deal with that twice a day is beyond me.

One word mate: "Frotteurism".
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I had to look that up!

Are you an expert at frottage?
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            Apart from female genital mutilation, most of the things I have said above have involved me or close family, that's not anecdotal evidence.

You know what a dictionary is…right? Try to imagine a big book, filled with big words and how to spell them (in alphabetical order).

Once you get your head around this concept, imagine, once again, that in this big book of alphabetically listed words, not only is the spelling there, but also a handy description of the word and its meanings. Still with me? Now, look up anecdotal once again (yes, even in the context you are contesting), what does the dictionary endeavour to explain? (Sorry, it’ll be under ‘A’)

Anecdotal evidence is what I asserted you were providing. So, the more family members you mention, the more anecdotal your evidence is, no matter how qualified they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Oh, and by the way, you did say you hadn't encountered any problems etc etc., have a look back and re-read, there's a good boy.

I did indeed re-read all of my earlier posts…

Like I said; I didn’t say I hadn’t encountered any problems.

I was even nice enough to provide you with a specific list of the areas where I hadn’t encountered problems.

So, will you go back and re-read my posts, just to clarify?

In fact, use the handy quote button and show me where I said I hadn’t encountered any problems…

Comment

Working...
              X