camera equipped mobile phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera equipped mobile phones

I'm happy to work myself into the ground with overtime in order to buy new Jacksons. But it's only now that I realise my camera phone (Nokia 6630) needs scrapping in favour of another. Does anyone have any suggestions? I anticipate some will suggest a standalone camera over a phone with one built in, but I wanna get a free phone on contract so I don't cut into my guitar buying budget (cheapskate that I am).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

If you can get a Motorola Razr for free, go for one of those. I have one and they are just awesome.

Comment

+1 on the RAZR... I dig mine.
      -Rick

Comment

I don't have a camera phone (or a digital camera) but lately I've been contemplating getting one. I'd choose to get a phone over the camera simply for the reason that I'd never have the camera with me but I have my phone everywhere I go. It would be very useful if I saw a weird guitar in a pawn shop or something. I wouldn't have to remember anything, I could just snap a few photos and search for similar guitars on the web.

Comment

make sure your phone has image stabilization. it's a huge hassle to take phone pics without it.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I used one of these to take this:

the original pic was bigger, but photobucket automatically resized when I uploaded it

check the specs on the link. 3G phone, 3.2 megapixel camera, xenon flash. good shit, man
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Samsung U600 looks favourite so far. It's practically wafer-thin. The keys on the LCD seem a bit sensitive though. There was a Sony Ericson that had some "focus" function or something. But it was a BRICK Both have 3.2 megapixel cameras.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

did you check my link? My S/E might be the brick you're referring to!

it has quite a configurable camera - macro, autofocus, image stabiliser, red eye reduction. plus it's the only phone on the market with a xenon flash. The rest use leds
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks, that's the brick.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I have a Motorola KRZR and the picture quality is pretty good. The phone kicks ass as a phone too, if that's important to you.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Man, we're stuck with CDMA Tech, and measly 1.3 megapixel cameras here. Like a toy.

You GMS guys get the killer phones... 3.2 cameras, wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                        I have a Motorola KRZR and the picture quality is pretty good. The phone kicks ass as a phone too, if that's important to you.
                        I have a KRZR, too. You're right, it kicks butt as just a phone. A+
                        But, the screen is smaller than my wife's RAZR and her camera is 1 megapixels and I don't think the KRZR's camera is as good.

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007 View Post
                          I have a KRZR, too. You're right, it kicks butt as just a phone. A+
                          But, the screen is smaller than my wife's RAZR and her camera is 1 megapixels and I don't think the KRZR's camera is as good.
                          From what I understand the KRZR is essentially a redesigned RAZR. IE the guts are pretty much the same, but the outsides are a bit more refined.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                            Man, we're stuck with CDMA Tech, and measly 1.3 megapixel cameras here. Like a toy.

You GMS guys get the killer phones... 3.2 cameras, wow...
                            Verizon is CDMA and they have a 2.0 ( LG eNV) http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=988 and a 3.2 MP ( Samsung A990 ) http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=950 camera. In fact, they were the first to offer a camera phone above the 3.0MP in the US market. -Lou
                            Last edited by LouSiffer; 06-19-2007, 08:58 PM.
                            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Has anyone owned or tried the LG EnV or the RAZR MAXX yet? I've been thinking about either one of these, both with 2.0 MP cameras. I'm interested in the mp3 player portion as well though and am curious how well either one of these work. My wife has a KRAZR and likes it pretty well, but it doesn't have a flash. Never even thought about that not being an option in this day and age.

Comment

Working...
                              X