No announcement yet.

camera equipped mobile phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have 2 of the enV phones, or should i say my daughters have them, and I have the RAZR. they really don't let me get to close to their phone, but they seem to like them and i like the QWERTy keyboard. what i don't like about the razr is some how i manage to drop the phone between the consel and the seat of my car. a real bitch to dig it out.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod View Post
      Has anyone owned or tried the LG EnV or the RAZR MAXX yet? I've been thinking about either one of these, both with 2.0 MP cameras. I'm interested in the mp3 player portion as well though and am curious how well either one of these work. My wife has a KRAZR and likes it pretty well, but it doesn't have a flash. Never even thought about that not being an option in this day and age.
      I have the enV. LG makes about the best phones out right now for Verizon. The Moto Maxx isn't bad, but, Motos are a little quirky. The enV suits me better with the QWERTY keyboard for all the text messaging I do. I am eligible to upgrade now, but, there is nothing out right now that can replace the enV for me personally.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        If you can get a Motorola Razr for free, go for one of those. I have one and they are just awesome.
        The Motorola RAZR is one of the most unreliable phones to hit market in recent years. I work for a cellular carrier in their tech dept, and you cannot believe how many of these we exchange on warranty service. They may be getting better, but they're a lot like gibsons in that you have to deal with a lot of dogs before you get a good one. Software issues, battery issues, reception issues, you name it.

Stay far away from the RAZR. If you have to get a motorola phone, the RIZR isn't bad, although the software isn't all that intuitive. Then again, the RAZR is like that as well.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          Man, we're stuck with CDMA Tech, and measly 1.3 megapixel cameras here. Like a toy.

You GMS guys get the killer phones... 3.2 cameras, wow...

Do you mean GSM? dude, two of the 4 major US carriers are GSM (At&T and T-Mobile). There are US phones that have 2 megapixel cameras. Granted, that's not 3.2, but you're by no means stuck with CDMA or 1.3 megapixel cameras in the US by any means. Well, provided you're not under contract.

sully
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            From what I understand the KRZR is essentially a redesigned RAZR. IE the guts are pretty much the same, but the outsides are a bit more refined.
            This is true, but the KRZR is more stable than the RAZRs are, from what I've seen so far.

sully
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

When the RAZR first hit the GSM companies, it was a turd. When it first hit the CMDA companies....it was still a turd. The second generation RAZR for CDMA were much better, but, its still a Motorola. The KRZR uses the same software as the RAZR and it may appear like a better phone, but, its just because Moto finally got MOST of the bugs worked out by the time the KRZR was released.

GSM is an older technology than CDMA and there is nothing that is truly wrong with it, but, you can "hotrod" the CDMA network a little more plus the towers have a higher handling capability.

Most if not all of the industrial countries, i.e., Mexico, China, Korea, India,Taiwan, etc have switched or are switching to CDMA for this reason. They have the " If its newer and better, we want it" mentality. Europe is embedded in GSM and probably will never leave it as they have the " Don't fix what isn't broke " mentality.

We are so far behind the market regarding phone technology its pathetic. I would say at leat 3-5 years behind what other countries are doing/have.

GSM has/had the best phone selection due to its deployment worldwide, but, with the countries that make the phones converting, it won't be too much longer before you see the cream of the crop phones going to CDMA as well.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Yeah, I'm up for an upgrade now, but I just can't decide. I'm with Verizon, so my options are fairly limited. I like everything about the EnV, except the size.

Comment

Lou, I think you got that backwards.
                  CDMA (aka PCS) tech sucks. Just like the dearly departed TDMA tech.
                  GSM tech is more flexible and can operate across 4 frequencies where as CDMA can only use two.
                  And I'm sorry, but non-SIM card (CDMA) phones suck ass.
                  SIM cards are great. If I want a new phone, all I have to do is pull the SIM from my old phone and drop it in the new one... all done.
                  I keep a spare, unlocked Nokia 6230 around "just in case".
                  My RAZR is unlocked as well, and it works like a dream.
                  No issues what so ever and I've had it for almost two years.
                  I do my own firmware upgrades and FLEX tweaks as well.
                  -Rick

Comment

Nope, CDMA clearly has the advantage in cell capacity and flexibility. Thats why all the industrial/high tech countries have moved/moving to it. It has much more potential and with Rev A out and RevB and Rev O to follow, the GSM carriers in the US are way behind. It doesnt matter how many frequencies you operate across, its all about network capacity. Even though your GSM phone may have quad band capabilities 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, it is not used here in the states or most of the world for that matter. We only use 2 bands here on GSM, 1800 is the primary, and 850 is the secondary...and I think the Euroes use the 1900/900 spectrum. The FCC has the other 2 bands locked up. Plus they are stealing the analog spectrum next year.

I like the SIM cards too, it makes it nice to swap out phones, alas, CDMA does not have that capability built in. I have made the suggestion to my company more than once to go to a SIM style card in the CDMA phone, but, it probably will not happen.-Lou

Comment

I think I'll go for the brick VitaminG has. Lots of great camera functions.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                      X