This summer is going to SUCK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This summer is going to SUCK!!!

I just checked Ticketmaster, and other than Tool, there is not one single, decent band playing yet this summer. 256 events are listed, and it's all pure crap. I'm expecting King Diamond to be announced soon, which will make me feel better, but I can't believe that out of 256 events, only the two Tool shows are worth mentioning. Goddamn, people must have a serious lack in musical taste around here.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Puleeeze King Diamond come to the SouthEast!!

Comment

King Diamond dates were announced like two weeks ago, and they're not until 2008. He really fucked everyone at the Denver show last time, so I'm not sure if I'll be seeing him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
        . He really fucked everyone at the Denver show last time, so I'm not sure if I'll be seeing him again.
        Oh? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
          King Diamond dates were announced like two weeks ago, and they're not until 2008. He really fucked everyone at the Denver show last time, so I'm not sure if I'll be seeing him again.
          Actually, you're right. There is a Toronto date on the tour. 2008 is a long time from now. Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
            Oh? What happened?
            Nile had finished playing and King Diamond was about to go on, when a guy came out and announced that he was too sick to play that night. Now, if he was so sick that he couldn't perform, he would've known it before then. They announced that Nile would perform a few more songs and gave us like a 1/4 refund (if you wanted to stand in line for an hour to get it anyway). Everyone was pretty pissed off because it was an obvious stunt to give them an excuse to keep the majority of people's money.

I know it probably wasn't Diamond himself, so I'll go see him on this tour, but it really left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Comment

You're in Welland. What about Lamb of God outside Buffalo? That's a 45 minute drive.

I suffer from the opposite problem. A one year old and too many good bands to see. I did manage to catch Derek Trucks Band, Joe Bonamassa, and Robert Cray in the last month. I even went up to Toronto and caught Mission of Burma. Now this Thursday the Violent Vemmes are giving a free concert down the street (heh!). The Deftones played the same night as Bonamassa. Lamb of God. Lynrd Skynrd. Allman Brothers. Rush. Roger Waters. Old 97s. Steve Vai. Poison and Ratt (why is Poison headlining over Ratt?). Korn. Vans Warped Tour.

Comment

I heard Godsmack is coming to Edmonton this summer on the radio today. I can understand them not going to Ontario - since it's God-forsaken :P

Comment

I've seen Lamb of God, wasn't very impressed. I just saw Godsmack in Buffalo. That was a great show. I guess I should check what other bands are playing in Buffalo. It's only a 30 min drive for me.

Comment

summer doesn't suck in any way. i can't imagine a lousy summer unless if you were behind bars, in th middle of nowhere, etc.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

This summer is going to rule over here! Allow me to explain why
                      www.metalheart.no
                      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                        This summer is going to rule over here! Allow me to explain why
                        www.metalheart.no
                        You get to see DHG! You lucky fuck...

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          summer doesn't suck in any way. i can't imagine a lousy summer unless if you were behind bars, in th middle of nowhere, etc.
                          Yeah, but look where you live Tommy. Your opinion doesn't count on this one.

Comment

Summer is the best. That's when bands tour. Try to check out local shows. I bet there are lots of good local bands around your area, and many good out of town bands that will be coming through on tour since it's the summer.

There's gotta be some house shows and VFW shows and what not.
                            Last edited by nsubulysses; 06-20-2007, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              Tommy, he lives in Canada :ROTF:
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X