So its real.. I'm getting a divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
    With every divorce, the gay marriage supporters get a little more ammunition. So, thanks for becoming another statistic.
    The instution of marriage in this country has gone to shit. Too easy to get married, too easy to get divorced. It just doesn't mean anything anymore. We need to get the "til death do us part" quotation put in the actual legal agreement. That way, you'd have a couple of more permanent avenues out.
    Well, that's your opinion. Are you a statistician? LOL

I was more wondering about the part where you brought up the gay marriage issue. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. And so what if two people want to get married, regardless of their sexual orientation? Why are you so concerned with other people's lives? Have fun, live your own life, treat people with respect like you'd like to be treated. What's so hard about that?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If "till death do us part" was a legal requirement, there would be a lot of dead people, or a lot of people just not getting married at all.

I know my dad would have gladly killed his ex (my step mom) to get away from that psycho.
      People change... sometimes for the worse. Get out of your fantasy world.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        If "till death do us part" was a legal requirement, there would be a lot of dead people, or a lot of people just not getting married at all.

I know my dad would have gladly killed his ex (my step mom) to get away from that psycho.
        People change... sometimes for the worse. Get out of your fantasy world.
        Don't know if this was directed at me. "till death do us part" was a church thing. It has no legal basis. Or else courts couldn't divorce people. We know that...

I'm not anti-divorce. People change. Sometime for the worse. My point was either get the church or the state out of it. Seems strange that we ask the courts to nullify something it had nothing to do with. Maybe if the church was bypassed, it would be harder to get married. I doubt it, it would be easier I bet, but at least we could have the same body doing both...

Quite the heated issue we have here...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

rjohnstone,
          Nevermind. I finally read what you were responding to...

til death do us part in a legal agreement? What? Dumbest thing I've ever heard...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Dude..I've known MANY guys in much worse scenarios..I know that's hard to believe in your perception.

But it's true..life will go on..things will work out and this will be a nothing more than a memory. Hard to relalize it now..but there is light at the end of this tunnel!!!

In your case a blessing..in future hindsight!!

Good Luck

Take care of yourself and your biz!

Good Luck

Bill Z Bub
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

With every divorce, the gay marriage supporters get a little more ammunition. So, thanks for becoming another statistic.
              The instution of marriage in this country has gone to shit. Too easy to get married, too easy to get divorced. It just doesn't mean anything anymore. We need to get the "til death do us part" quotation put in the actual legal agreement. That way, you'd have a couple of more permanent avenues out.
              Are you seriously saying Gwarghoul should stay in the marriage with his abusive, cheating wife so that homosexuals can't get married? Ridiculous.
              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

I almost typed that response, verbatim, but thought better of it
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Does it have legal responsiblities to get married at Church? Don't you have to go and legalize it after that?
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

You have to get a license from the government before you get married in the US.
                    Where you get married is irrelevant.
                    -Rick

Comment

The idea of marriage counselling at this point is nonsense and will do nothing more than just fuck with your head, and you do not need any more of that. You know what to do here so just do it and move on. Don't worry about the weight or hair or any other BS, just liquidate the car, pay off any debt involved and get your ass away from this crazy broad.

After going through something as traumatic as you have, with your "wife", sitting with a witch doctor and trying to talk things over is pointless. Would you seriously ever be able to put that stuff behind you and forget it happened?

I have been going through this myself since September, after eleven years together, two children, multiple properties, assets, investments, savings, etc. It sucks but it does get better, I assure you. However, you need to break free and put this so far behind you that it will be nothing more than a fleeting thought in a few years. Better days are ahead.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah GG, move on and be done with it. I think you'll soon find that your anxiety and depression will go away. My first marriage lasted 8 years because I was afraid to go it alone. Finally enough was enough, and I wish I had done it about 7 1/2 years earlier! Now my 2nd husband and I have been together for 10 years now, and I am still head over heels in love with him, and happy as a clam! Life gets better bro. Good luck!

Comment

just do it, get it done and soon your big question you will ask yourself is why you waited so long to do it.
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I totally agree with the ease of divorce. Couples tend to just get a divorce rather than try to work things out. But in GG's case I'd have to say that divorce is the right answer. He should have never gotten married, as he knew she was psycho beforehand, but you can't change the past.

For the people calling to separate church and state, anyone can get married by a judge at the local court house. The church official is given the power to marry by the government, not by God.

For the people saying that marriage is just a piece of paper, I don't understand that point of view. It is a committment between two people that they will be a family. To say that is a farce is just unfathomable. Simply living together always gives you the easy way out if things start to go south. Being married causes you both to try your best to stay together and grow as a couple. It's hard to explain but I'm sure the others here who are married can add something to this.
                            Scott

Comment

fox on the run, feed her to the hounds.

Comment

I've just dumped another girl. We stopped making contact since last week. That's subtle enough for me. Good riddance.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X