So its real.. I'm getting a divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
    The instution of marriage in this country has gone to shit. Too easy to get married, too easy to get divorced. It just doesn't mean anything anymore. We need to get the "til death do us part" quotation put in the actual legal agreement. That way, you'd have a couple of more permanent avenues out.
    Hmmmm...what to say here...

Actually divorce rates are on the down turn. And the poster children for Gay Marriage (two "ladies" from I forget where that captured the national spotlight) have already split up, so that pretty much shut up all those who said Gay Marriage was superior to the "normal" way...

Good to see people like you out there advocating being miserable. Unhappy marriages = cheating. I believe there's a statistic there too - and not a good one. Sometimes getting divorced IS taking the high road. Think about it.

Don't you have bigger things to worry about than gay marriage? Does it really hurt YOU personally? I don't agree with it, but I also don't really care that much. It doesn't affect me. Bad relationships, however, have. I've been through two divorces as a child of divorce, and while they suck and were tough for me at times, my parents were certainly better off, and I think I was too in the fact that I didn't have to deal with them being miserable being with eachother.

Maybe you should take a step back and think about it a little bit.

Comment

Well, the roller coaster continues, but I think she realizes I get to keep whats mine as shes been physically abusive (its been reported by nieghbors, and shes actually on probation)..She cheated... and I had a lot of assets, and $$$, when I met her, and she had nothing... everything is in my name...I make the payments and the money...

She has no leg to stand on, I would think. But some are telling me to get the paperwork in order, with her phone calls and the probation, and the receipts just in case. What do you think? I don't think theres any legs for her to try to stand on, given the circumstances.

We're just living together till the divorce is over and we both get caught up enough so we aren't disadvantaged. I'm going to give her my truck.

Comment

Just document everything.
        If it can be an amicable split, try for that.
        But still remember to CYA... just in case.
        -Rick

Comment

Working...
        X