Just a bad couple of wekends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a bad couple of wekends...

So three weekends ago, I knocked my SL2H off it's stand on stage and gave it it's first ding and it was a doosey. It's about an inch long, 1/8" wide and down to the wood. Ouch. Then last weekend my whole rack takes a tumble off the top of my 4x12 cab. Fired it up the next day at our next gig and everything was fine. Phew.... After we were done playing I must have left my bag with my effects processor there because it is MIA and we are waiting for the owners of the house to call us back. I didn't realize it was missing till half an hour before a video shoot we did Monday. Thank god for backups, but I may be shelling out $200-$250 to replace the effects unit and wah.

Matt

That sucks man. I nearly shit myself when I put my first scratch on my King V. It may be an import, but I'm trying really hard to keep her clean. Hope you can recover your bag of gear.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Bummer. Hope you can recover your stuff. Things will get better

Comment

Woohoo !! I just got a call that my stuff was picked up by someone I know.

Comment

I guess it is time for some good luck, I would say.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Is there a reset button we can push ??

Matt

Comment

Cool that you got your gear back. Dings/dents happen... especially if you are gigging. Don't sweat it.

Comment

It's impossible to avoid war wounds on mint guitars. It seems like for me a guitar stays perfect for about a week, gets a dent, then doesn't get another one for months or years.

Maybe since your stuff got messed up it just means you have a couple years of clear sailing ahead.

Comment

I wouldn't say that bad Matt. You got your gear back and the Soloist plays like butter as always. Just be grateful of you have and you should be fine. It's great you guys are filming a video, please let me know when it's ready to watch it.

Rodrigo.
                  Facebook - Youtube

Comment

First ding I always put in a guitar - changing the pickups (or removing the cavity covers). I don't jab it intentionally, but I use a long screwdriver which increases the chance of slip-n-scrape, and gets that out of the way immediately so I don't live in fear of it (or I let my Attack Chair have at it, like with JCF01 )
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

How about this one? I go to Guitar Center yesterday with my 1 1/2 year old daughter to check out a GMP Roxie that one of our forum members tipped me off on. I checked out the Roxie, it was nice. Then I wandered into percussion with my daughter. The girl is 1 1/2, and she was laughing her head off as she got into a rhythm on the bongos. Two beats each drum on a three headed bongo kit, and she was into it, shaking her bottom even. I looked down at the price, $120. Ummm, No, I said. Took her over to the wall, she played a tambourine, loved it. $25. Yes. Tried a Cabasa, even more fun. $25. Yes. We walk out of the store, and there in the second spot I see my brand new VW Passat Wagon (purchased to give my daghter more room in her car seat) slammed hard on the driver's side. Door completely dented in. The fucker(s) drove off too. No security cameras out front. Big deductible on my insurance. Nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X