• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GodOfRhythm-

If he buys from Japan:
    guitar+shipping+tax in croatia

if he buys from Germany (Thoman and other similar online stores):
    guitar (which already has added german import tax)+shipping+tax in croatia (because Croatia is not part of the EU)

That's what I was trying to say.

I don't know what Slovenia has to do with anything above :S. Your post was very confusing to me.

Shipping from Japan is not that expensive. Jackson RR in a hardcase (that's the biggest you can get) is around 100eur insured from Ishibashi.

Comment

Ah, he doesn't live in Slovenia? My bad.

Still, there would be no "German Import Tax", though, I don't know where you get that idea from...

+

There is NO shipping charge. An ESP will always be more than 300 euros, so musicstore or whatever will ship it insured for free (not 100% sure for Croatia, you'd need to check that).
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yes, he is from Croatia.

No German import tax? So musicstore or thomann can get these guitars from Japan and don't have to pay import fees for them? Why are then MIJ guitars still more expensive here in the Europe than in the USA (which indeed don't have to pay import taxes when importing from Japan because of some free trade agreement or something)?
        He still has to pay VAT which is usually around 20%. I probably mixed up VAT with import tax.
        Last edited by Nazgul; 06-23-2007, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
          Yes, he is from Croatia.

No German import tax? So musicstore or thomann can get these guitars from Japan and don't have to pay import fees for them? Why are then MIJ guitars still more expensive here in the Europe than in the USA (which indeed don't have to pay import taxes when importing from Japan because of some free trade agreement or something)?
          He still has to pay VAT which is usually around 20%. I probably mixed up VAT with import tax.
          Yes, you messed up VAT with Import Tax. They probably work through importfirms who can write off their importing tax as a part of their business, which will have a marginal impact on price at best. The reality of difference in prices of guitars between Europe and the US/Japan is market-related and is something we'll have to live with.

And then about the VAT: He'll get a direct VAT surcharge for croatia on the NET(TO)-price in Germany. Since he'll be a Croatian consumer and not a German consumer.

If you want to know the price:

ESP from Germany: NET PRICE (i.o.w. NO german VAT)
          +
          Import %: whatever Croatia charges for an import from a EU country
          +
          VAT: 22% (Croatian VAT)
          +
          Possible shipping fees (though, again, I think the shipping will also be free for Croatia)

-------------
          ESP from Japan: Sales price
          +
          Import % (Croatian)
          +
          VAT (22%)
          +
          Definite shipping fees (about 100 euros)
          +
          Possible double import fee (if it enters through Germany anyways, which I think is highly probable), so you'll get slapped with EU & Croatian import fees. I have no idea if this is even possible anymore, if it were to happen (slight chance) it'd most likely be refundable to avoid double taxation.

-----------

Anyways, I'm not an expert on Croatia so don't mind my babbling. I just hope he gets the axe he's dreaming of.
          Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 06-23-2007, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Yes, it's clear now.

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
            If you want to know the price:

ESP from germany: NET PRICE
            +
            Import %: whatever Croatia charges for an import from a EU country
            +
            VAT: 22% (Croatian VAT)
            +
            Possible shipping fees (though, again, I think the shipping will also be free for Croatia)
            Exactly. If he buys from Japan, he won't have to pay 22% VAT, but the shipping will be higher. So, IMHO, he should go with whatever comes out cheapest.

EDIT: I see you you edited your post again. I don't think he will have to pay VAT when importing from Japan. I remember when we were not in the EU yet and we didn't have to pay any VAT. But what do I know, I'm not an expert too.
            Last edited by Nazgul; 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              Yes, it's clear now.

Exactly. If he buys from Japan, he won't have to pay 22% VAT, but the shipping will be higher. So, IMHO, he should go with whatever comes out cheapest.
              No.....read it again.

If he orders from Japan he'll still have to pay IMPORT (don't know how many % in Croata) + VAT (Croatian: 22%).

Import tax and VAT are two seperate things.

EDIT:

I did not edit my post to mislead/cheat on you, my friend.

VAT is always payable. I've imported so much from the US and it's ALWAYS: IMPORTtax + VAT. Because the US is not in the EU, there is an importtax. (Inside of the EU there's freedom of movement of goods).

-----

You pay the VAT in the country where you will CONSUME the good (in this case: Croatia). Or there's some chargeback accounting going on (I.E.: musicstore charges ITSELF the German VAT, can write that off and Allu is charged Croatian 22% VAT again: result = Allu pays 22% procent VAT on the German NET PRICE (this is the price WITHOUT German VAT, which is paid and recycled by musicstore by an accounting fiction).
              Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 06-23-2007, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I edited my previous post before you corrected me. I may be wrong too.

Comment

All I know is Croatia has the hottest chicks and...

If you want an ESP explorer you have to buy it direct from Japan, European ESP dealers cant sell the explorer shape...

Also if you are feeling risky and my friend in Croatia did this: ordered a ESP explorer from Japan and declared the value real low something like 400 Euros, saved a ton on VAT. I told him to buy the heavy duty road case to insure no damage to the guitar as those things are built tough and he will need to use it as he travels alot.

This is bordeline illegal but I can encourage this behavior since I am American and dont like "Taxation without representation!"

Comment

And what about Austria? I think it`s best to order from Thomann in Austria.

I don`t care about tax. If i order from Germany croatian tax will be about 400€.

Nazgul, Piranski Zaljev pripada Hrvatskoj!!!!!!
                    Last edited by Allu; 06-23-2007, 10:48 AM.
                    http://www.myspace.com/insidemycasket

Comment

Originally posted by Allu View Post
                      If you are asking me its best to buy from the USA or Japan everyone else is a middleman for your transaction so you pay more, I personally dont know about this company though.

Comment

Originally posted by Allu View Post

I don`t care about tax. If i order from Germany croatian tax will be about 400€.

Nazgul, Piranski Zaljev pripada Hrvatskoj!!!!!!
                        You should check out their export policy or possibly e-mail them to find out. I think it'll be virtually the same though.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          If you are asking me its best to buy from the USA or Japan everyone else is a middleman for your transaction so you pay more, I personally dont know about this company though.

I don`t know...really.... Austria is close to Croatia, and America is on the other side of the world....
                          http://www.myspace.com/insidemycasket

Comment

Working...
                          X