Recommend me a nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a nice

vacuum cleaner. I dont want to "wash" any filters, dont want to unclog the beast, should be light and effective. I got this Bagless, HEPA filter, multi-stage super suction, blah blah for almost $200 and the damn thing clogs up this spongy filter like thing after every vacuum. Once the vacuuming is done, I am in no mood to take out the filter and wash it and such. When I feel like vacuuming, its clogged up and unusable.

I am thinking bagged vaccum cleaner. I vacuum probably once in 3 weeks (i'm lazy, I know) and if it means 1 bag per vacuum, I'm ok with it. Want to keep the cost below $100. Let me know. thanks!
    Sam

Dysons are good, unless you malt long hair on your carpet. I damaged the roller when I had long hair. Don't know how much they cost though.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd try a Ewbank. They don't need a power supply and after you've spent ten minutes 'vacuuming' your carpet, they deposit everything you thought you'd picked up in a long, dusty trail behind you.

Comment

Get married.
        Then it's her problem.

Disclaimer. I cannot be held responsible for any heftily kicked nuts when you tell her.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

We have a pre-historic Filter Queen. It has been passed down through generations. It works great, but is a pain in the ass to empty.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I second Dyson - great suction, works great on pet hair for us and easy to clean/empty/maintain.

Comment

i third dyson
              it turned my carpet a different colour
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Sears/Kenmore makes a really nice vacuum too. Dirt Devils are crappy. Hoover also makes really good ones for that price range.

Comment

Dyson huh? Let me check it out. Rsmaker, I AM married. And no, I have not told that to my wife yet.
                  Sam

Comment

We just got a Eureka and it works great. I think it was $60 or something like that at Wal Mart. IMO, it works much better than the price might imply.
                    My Toys:
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                    '94 Dinky HX in Black
                    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Dyson
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

i just bought an Infinity by Shark. you can get it at Costco for $200.00. it is like a Dyson minus the extra $300. the deal is if you get it at Costco, you can take it back no hassle if you don't like it, or if it breaks.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Man that Dyson is some expensive sh*t. like $400+. IMO that's a lil too much for a vacuum cleaner. I can get another DK2 or RR3 for that price. Isnt this the one where they advertise as "never loses suction"? If I am not wrong, eventually, it will end up like my current vacuum cleaner (which also has this HEPA filter) where you have to clean the sponge after every vacuum. I think I read the manual for this in KMart and it did say that some part "needs to be washed". I could be wrong. It was almost 6 months ago I investigated this VC.
                          Sam

Comment

dude, unless you just buy a shop vac, there will be some sort of labor involved to keep it running.
                            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                              dude, unless you just buy a shop vac, there will be some sort of labor involved to keep it running.
                              I understand that. I just dont want to be cleaning it after EVERY vacuum. I am now wondering if I should go the bagged route. The Oreck Excel has pretty good suction and is bagged. Some of the models are so freaking expensive. Almost as much as the Dyson's or even more. All the professional vacuuming people seem to be using the bagged vacumms. I dont mind changing 12 bags in a year. A pack of 12 costs $20. but the vacuum itself is below $100. Comparing that to a $400 dyson, I can afford bags for 15 Years.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X