Guitar Hero 80's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Hero 80's!

I've never played any of the other 'Guitar Hero' games before, it just didn't really interest me to be honest with you (despite it's obvious success). However, I must admit that this 80's Edition does look rather temping given that it features some of my fave songs from that era. OK, so it's no substitute for the real thing but it does look like a bit of mindless fun:

Caught In A Mosh - Anthrax
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Nothin' But A Good Time - Poisen

Seventeen - Winger

Wrathchild - Iron Maiden
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And my personal fave...

Round And Round - Ratt

At first I wondered why the sound seems to cut out, but apparently you have to hit the right notes 'dead on' and hold them for the correct amount of time!
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Even in a virtual world, Krank amps are whoring out their shit =)
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

My brother has GH2 and it's a fucking blast. I was booed off the stage twice! Great songs on it too, Danzig, Voivod, Lamb Of God, etc.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I have noticed that my son who is still a guitar noob, can kick my butt at GH2. I think it is more difficult for somebody who actually can play a real guitar.

But it is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by xsentrick View Post
          I have noticed that my son who is still a guitar noob, can kick my butt at GH2. I think it is more difficult for somebody who actually can play a real guitar.

But it is a blast!
          +100000000

I regularly get booed off the stage when playing GH. The guy I know that owns doesnt even play guitar and he kills at it.

Comment

It's especially hard if you actually know how to play the song and the notes on the screen aren't matching up with your fingers trying to play the real thing.

Comment

With real rock n' roll, you can be slightly sloppy and still crank out the song! I call it flavor and dynamics!

In Guitar Hero, there's zero tolerance for slop! I tried this game out at Best Buy, and holy cow, is it ever friggin' difficult!

I must be a REALLY crappy guitarist then.

Comment

I got stuck of Freebird on expert about a month ago and haven't tried since. The main thing to consider is most of the songs are covered, and some very crappily I might add. The first one had zero tolerance for slop because the game play was messed up. It was supposed to have hammer ons and pull offs, but they made it wrong so there's very few of them. For the most part, you have to strum every single note.
                If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I tried one of those in Game Stop one day... and made a fool out of myself. I truly believe its MUCH harder for a real guitarist to play those games. Were used to hitting each note corresponding to the song, not just 5 buttons for EVERY note. It really has nothing to do with real guitar... good for hand-eye coordination, but thats about it.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yea, I have a few friends that can't play guitar and can murder me at this game. Especially on the songs that I already know how to actually play. Too bad they don't have something like this with a full scale guitar. That would probably be pretty fun.
                    My Toys:
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                    '94 Dinky HX in Black
                    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                      Yea, I have a few friends that can't play guitar and can murder me at this game. Especially on the songs that I already know how to actually play. Too bad they don't have something like this with a full scale guitar. That would probably be pretty fun.
                      and almost impossible to play.:ROTF:
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I play Guitar Heroe on the "easy" setting with my PP..That's not an easy thing to do..

This was at Best Buy..there was some cheers but some were not happy!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Speaking of playing Guitar Center at Best Buy, I was there with my buds a week or two ago and there was this african american kid sitting there playing. Since went there pretty much only to play GH we waited for a bit until he was done. After like 30 min we got impatient and asked him when he would be done playing. His answer? no.

Comment

Working...
                          X