Need help w/uploading video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help w/uploading video

I have a JVC hard disc drive video camera. I uploaded the videos to a folder on my desktop. Now, can someone tell me how to upload them to photobucket or youtube?

Thanks in advance,
    Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Go to youtube, log in, click on "My Account" and you will see a box that says Upload New Video. It will bring up a browser box on your next screen to find the video file.

Your video is limited to 10 minutes and 100 MB.

Matt

Comment

Are you a member of either site?

I can only tell you about youtube, click on the link in the top right hand corner that says upload (you have to be a member or it no workie).

On the page that appears fill in the details of what you want to call it etc.
      Then click on the upload a video button at the bottom.
      In the page that appears click on browse and then navigate to where you have the file saved on your machine (remembering not to put up the home made videos you have ). Then click on upload and it should chug away uploading.
      PM me if you have trouble.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Yes, I'm a member on both sites. I got one video on youtube. How can I get a larger video to upload? It is only 5 minutes and a little more than 200 MB?
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

This is the message I get on photobucket:

The file "" does not have a valid video extension.
          Valid video extensions are: 3g2, 3gp, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3p, asf, avi, divx, divx, dv, dvx, flv, gif, moov, mov, mp4, mpeg4, mpg4, mpe, mpeg, mpg, qt, swf, wmv, xvid, rm.

My video files are "MOD"

Comment

Have you installed the software that came with the JVC camcorder?
            There should be some software on it that lets you convert the .mod file to something useful like mpeg.

Can you view it in any of the players you have on your computer? If so you might be able to convert it with something like Windows Media Player. I don't use windows so I could be talking out of my arse here.

Also as a test, make a copy of the original file. Change the file extension of that file from .mov to .mpg and tell me if plays in any of your media players?
            Last edited by shobet; 06-24-2007, 02:07 PM. Reason: thought of something else
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              Have you installed the software that came with the JVC camcorder?
              There should be some software on it that lets you convert the .mod file to something useful like mpeg.

Can you view it in any of the players you have on your computer? If so you might be able to convert it with something like Windows Media Player. I don't use windows so I could be talking out of my arse here.

Also as a test, make a copy of the original file. Change the file extension of that file from .mov to .mpg and tell me if plays in any of your media players?
              Yes, I have installed the software. I have saved a copy as .mpg and it plays in my Windows Media Player.

I still can't get the bitch to upload on photobucket. And, it's too big for youtube.

I appreciate all your help, both of you.

Comment

Is it a clip of all the pickups you're selling?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Is it a clip of all the pickups you're selling?

:ROTF: Nah, no WTS clips. It is a video of my bro-in-law, my 6 year old daughter, and myself doing our version of Simple Man. My daughter loves that song and I wanted to share it with everyone. Oh well, still trying.

Comment

Assuming the software lets you, you should try converting the video to AVI format and using either DiVX or XVid codec. It would be a much smaller file and remain good quality, though that wouldn't matter much since the resolution would be decreased for YouTube or PhotoBucket anyway.
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper View Post
                      Assuming the software lets you, you should try converting the video to AVI format and using either DiVX or XVid codec. It would be a much smaller file and remain good quality, though that wouldn't matter much since the resolution would be decreased for YouTube or PhotoBucket anyway.
                      Thank you. I'll see if I can do that. You guys have been a big help.

Thanks!
                      Alvin

Comment

To upload to photobucket you need the file under a 100 mb.
                        You need to take that file & compress it less than 100 mb.
                        Easy to do!!!
                        Last edited by SGplayer; 06-25-2007, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X