Guitar Center Buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center Buyout

Wonder what (if any) effect this will have on quality, service, brands, etc. for the consumer.

Probably none...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19457010/

There will blood in the aisles. Anytime a private equity firm buys a company its like hanging a deer from a tree and gutting it. You can expect "Marginal" stores to close as they cut costs; layoffs; reduced inventory and what else?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

GC owns Musicians Friend, so I've been told, so i guess its part of the deal?
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Yeah, this is big. The whole landscape will change with this.
        Strat God Music
        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

The beauty is, ultimately, Bain will screw up the business so badly that it will fall back into the hands of those that actual KNOW something about musical instruments Give it a year or two...
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I gotta agree with Ralph.

Comment

So GC will turn into a total generic super market where they have nothing but the absolute top sellers. If you think you hear "but we can special order that" a lot at GC now, just wait until this buyout has it's effect.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

+1

The last few places I've worked for were leverage buyouts by investors with too much money and too little brains. Every time the result was a businss going out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  So GC will turn into a total generic super market where they have nothing but the absolute top sellers. If you think you hear "but we can special order that" a lot at GC now, just wait until this buyout has it's effect.
                  That's the way my GC here in Charlotte is already

Comment

this blows the big one for me in the hugest of ways.9 weeks down the tubes. Oh well, guess I'll fukkin' take a cruise to the ocean and rap with human beings with my trusty skateboard. This will absolutely wipeout what I have been working on fairly dilligently so this calls for some slacking today-lol
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

GC fucking sucks huge balls anyway, so who cares? I hope they close and stop putting real music stores out of business.

Comment

Look for Bain to make some attempts to gain ownership of some big instrument manufacturers now. Not kidding. Gibson is so overvalued right now, that they'll be a likely target. And a possible willing partner, if the payoff is big enough. If that happens, we'll all be f**ked.

Comment

I'd like to see little "mini-Guitar Centers" inside of Walmarts. Can we make that happen, you sniveling corporate bastids?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            That's the way my GC here in Charlotte is already
                            Dude, you need to make the pilgrimage to Raleigh and hit Indoor Storm and Fat Sound Guitars. Of course, Scott Splawn's shop is right around the corner for you.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              Dude, you need to make the pilgrimage to Raleigh and hit Indoor Storm and Fat Sound Guitars. Of course, Scott Splawn's shop is right around the corner for you.
                              Cool, I'll check those out next time I'm there. I bought my WR1 from Splawn, but he doesn't seem to carry the USA Jacksons anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X