No announcement yet.

Guitar Center Buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well dude, i bought most of them at the gc you were criticizing earlier, as i've worked there for 3 years now...the stuff i've bought online i've sold over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
      well dude, i bought most of them at the gc you were criticizing earlier, as i've worked there for 3 years now...the stuff i've bought online i've sold over the years.
      Wow, ok! Well, in fairness I've always been treated very well there, and I still buy my amps and accessories there. My issue is the guitar inventory. Where are the USA Jacksons? Where are the MIJ ESP's? Where are the MIA BC Rich's? Throw a dog a bone!

Comment

Its funny, people complain about us not having that stuff, but (aside from the ESPs, as we are not an ESP dealer) if people would actually order more of the stuff instead of complaining and buying it somewhere else, then they would actually become stocked items....a lot of times also, someone will order a guitar like that and return it (no returns on special orders policy goes by the wayside when customers start to get unhappy), or in some instances we'll get a special piece like the EVH Art Series Charvels and that stuff just hangs around, contributing to an average of "bad inventory," and the higher that is, the harder it is to get new cool stuff sent to your store when it comes out. It sucks sometimes, and i wish i could make it work differently but i dont really have much control over anything. After all I am just a worthless brain drain!

Edited to simplify a convoluted explaination
        Last edited by Boxcar Willie 84; 06-27-2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Well you will never sell as many USA Jacksons and Charvels as Mexi-strats and Korean jobs, but I'd love love love to see you guys stock a handful of them regardless. If you stock them, they will come! I'll take the Charlotte GC over Sam Ash any day, but you are catering to the low-end market way too much these days IMHO.

Comment

I know, i dont entirely disagree, but something tells me that the custom Gibsons and Fenders we do have in stock should be selling if there truly is a "high-end" market...maybe its just not the right town. Really all the stock and stuff is determined by corporate, there are ways around it here and there but its by and large determined by people who live a million miles away from here...lik eI said im just a brainless, worthless, useless, shiftless turd that is getting sucked up in all this corporate business!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
              ...maybe its just not the right town.
              Yeah, this town needs an enema. Still...if the Music Zoo can stock 10,000 of them there must be a way for you guys to stock 2 or 3!!

Comment

I'm real tight with the manager of a certain GC if anyone wants a good solid deal on anything in the store. I've helped many in the past, just tell me what you want, a LP reissue, an SG, a V, etc., let me know.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  Unless they go with the Harris Teeter approach. There will be a GC at every intersection then. :ROTF:
                  Same as the Starbucks approach, huh? (Or does Harris Teeter own Starbucks, and I missed the Joke?)

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Walgreens

GC can stock all the USA Jacksons they want, but if they're marked at $3000 each, and you can buy them online for half of that, where is the logic in buying from GC? Just to keep the store open or the employees employed?

Sorry, but huge conglomerates like GC/MF who have been raping the uninformed and gullible on prices for years are finally getting what they've been giving, and I'm not gonna cry about it. Sorry you'll be unemployed, but if you know it's coming, may as well beat the rush and find another job before the ship sinks.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Walgreens

GC can stock all the USA Jacksons they want, but if they're marked at $3000 each, and you can buy them online for half of that, where is the logic in buying from GC? Just to keep the store open or the employees employed?

Sorry, but huge conglomerates like GC/MF who have been raping the uninformed and gullible on prices for years are finally getting what they've been giving, and I'm not gonna cry about it. Sorry you'll be unemployed, but if you know it's coming, may as well beat the rush and find another job before the ship sinks.
                      Ok, GC is big and bad, yada, yada, yada.

But please explain how they have been raping people on prices? I can walk into any GC in the country and get a reasonable deal on anything. And at the GC that I shop at regularly I can deals that almost nobody will touch. Their prices are really not that bad at all.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'd pay a bit more at the GC for the ability to take a test drive on every guitar on the wall before picking out the sweetest one.

Comment

Dude, you need to make the pilgrimage to Raleigh and hit Indoor Storm and Fat Sound Guitars. Of course, Scott Splawn's shop is right around the corner for you.
                          I've been to Fat Sound, definitely some good stuff there. I just went to the website for Indoor Storm, and I definitely need to go check that place out! I didn't see any Jacksons, though. For some odd reason, the best selection of Jacksons I have seen in the area is at the Music-Go-Round in Cary. I didn't see that one coming. The rest of their guitars for sale leave a lot to be desired.
                          "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                            I've been to Fat Sound, definitely some good stuff there. I just went to the website for Indoor Storm, and I definitely need to go check that place out! I didn't see any Jacksons, though. For some odd reason, the best selection of Jacksons I have seen in the area is at the Music-Go-Round in Cary. I didn't see that one coming. The rest of their guitars for sale leave a lot to be desired.
                            Yeah, nobody really sells Jacksons here. The stuff at Music-Go-Round is way overpriced and has been collecting dust for a good long while.

Anytime you want to do a quick trip to Indoor Storm let me know - I'm always game.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yeah, nobody really sells Jacksons here. The stuff at Music-Go-Round is way overpriced and has been collecting dust for a good long while.

Anytime you want to do a quick trip to Indoor Storm let me know - I'm always game.
                              Will do! And at the Music-Go-Round, they recently stocked a bunch of new ones. They used to have an RR1 that was a little dusty looking, and that is now gone. Maybe they sold it? There are even a couple of USA built soloists they got in recently. They are overpriced though I assume the price will come down if you show interest, they just haven't had any that I want.
                              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

i get amazing deals at GC. You have to grease a few wheels to get going somewhere ya know.
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X