Guitar Center Buyout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacksonfreak,
    I heard that the Bain Investment Group likes parragraphs and sentences.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Rich Im at Villa Park.
      As for axewelder. Yeah maybe some new thinking is needed. However even before the "buyout" the corperate big wigs were putting into practie throught the chain a "new way of thinking about the business itself. Focusing more on customer satisfaction then the all mighty dollar. Finaly realizing that its the customer that dictates how much we make not the sales force. (i've been sayin this for years but nobody listened to me. Or did they? lol
      And as for my run on rant. Im in pain with an ear infection and medicated so bite me. But it still made perfect sense. :P
      Gil

Comment

Rich Im at Villa Park
        Cool , when you talked about the snakeskin charvel I thought it might have been. I thought that one has been there since they came out. I can stop at three different ones on the way home from work, but that is the one I stop at the most. I have a friend that lives right up meyer rd. If I knew your name next time I am in there I would say hay .
        Last edited by Rich#6; 07-02-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Comment

Rich.. my name is Gil. But the one we currently have is the 4th one weve gotten in. We sold the others right away. This was a specail order that didnt get picked up. So it hit the floor. we just got a used one in too. In really good shape. Say hey next time ya come in. Im the red head with the pony tail. lol Im usually up front runnin security.
            Gil

Comment

Hey GC, here's an idea. I see that you now have a central database for used gear around the country (which is cool). Why not expand that database to include new high-end guitars? Then, make it easy for people to get a high-end guitar transferred to their local store. If the guitar was cold sounding or not a good match for whatever reason, customers could get a refund with maybe a small restocking fee.

Comment

direct an email to corporate with your ideas, they are not bad ideas at all, but theres nothing me or jacksonfreak can do to help your ideas come to fruition

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Hey GC, here's an idea. I see that you now have a central database for used gear around the country (which is cool). Why not expand that database to include new high-end guitars? Then, make it easy for people to get a high-end guitar transferred to their local store. If the guitar was cold sounding or not a good match for whatever reason, customers could get a refund with maybe a small restocking fee.
                  We already do that. But to the extent of the employees can look for something. The customer cant. But im sure it's not too far away. We are making things easier for the customer to get what they need or want. It just takes time whne there are over 200 stores and old computers. Theres only so much that can be done at a time. So be patient grass hopper it will come.
                  Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                    can do to help your ideas come to fruition
                    Just put those ideas in a blender. 300 bananas, all our brains and lots of vodka. That will make one hell of a fruition punch. I'm sorry
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                      So be patient grass hopper it will come.
                      Gil
                      Cool, I guess we'll just have to "see where it goes".

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Cool, I guess we'll just have to "see where it goes".
                        Actually all the used gear is being put on the GC websight. so you can shop from home. Pick a store and look at the inventory. ( disclaimer i havnt actualy looked at myself yet altho ive been meaning too). So there is "used data base" in the works. Also at store level too.
                        just an FYI
                        Gil

Comment

Not worried about the dollar? I bought an amp last week, and went to the pro audio accessories to grab a $20 speaker cord. The guy CALLED THE GUITAR DESK to make sure HE got the credit for that damn cord!!

Comment

First of all, GC is considered the industries Walmart.... I know some people like the stores, I did too for a while until I went into one to talk with them about a couple of Paul Reed Smiths that they had hanging on the wall, two hours after I got there, I left without the guitar because I knew more about the instrument than 3 of their salesmen and the Manager! I never went into another one of them, they knew nothing about the guitar and could care less if I did.... it was all about the sale!

Sorry... they get no business from me, but that was long ago...... I have my own buying power now!
                            Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

I personally do not buy much of anything at GC, most of my purchases come from the internet. The store may be great if i need a set of strings right now, but for the most part they are too pricy on their used guitars and have little selection of what I personally am looking for (80's Jackson, Charvel & B.C. Rich's).

Comment

I just read yesterday that GC's shareholders are suing GC because they don't feel $63.00 per share is high enough to sell the company. This could slow down the sale a bit, or GC could say F-U to their shareholders and force the sale. Any investor types know what normally happens in this situation?
                                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                                X