Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestling Deaths- Steroid Related ?

On Top of Chris Benoit:

Ravishing Rick Rude — Died at 40 of an apparent heart attack in 1999, a bottle of prescription pills for his bad back at his side. The autopsy report said he died of "mixed medications." Rude was an admitted user of anabolic steroids.

· Louis Mucciolo, a.k.a, Louie Spicolli — Died in 1998 at age 27 when he suffocated on his own vomit after ingesting massive amounts of Soma and alcohol. Investigators also found an empty vial of testosterone, pain pills and an anti-anxiety drug at the scene.

· Brian Pillman — An admitted user of steroids, he died of a heart attack at age 35 in 1997 on the morning of WWF's /In Your House: Badd Blood/ pay-per-view event.

· Rick "the Renegade" Williams — Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at age 33 after being released from his World Championship Wrestling contract in 1999.

· "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig — Found dead of a cocaine overdose at age 44 in his motel room on April 10, 2003, the morning of a match. Hennig's father maintained that steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.

· Rodney "Yokozuna" Anoa'i — Died of a heart attack in 2002 at 34.

· Davey Boy Smith, "The British Bulldog" — Died of a heart attack at age 39 on May 17, 2002. An autopsy report indicated that past steroid use had likely played a part in his death.

· Michael "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand — An admitted steroid user, he died of a heart attack at age 46 in 2003.

· Michael Lockwood, "Crash Holly" — In 2003, at the age of 32, he choked to death on his own vomit after ingesting 90 painkiller pills.

· Jerry Tuite, "The Wall" a.k.a. "Malice" — Died at age 36 in 2003 of an apparent heart attack in his hotel room.

· Raymond "Hercules" Hernandez — Dead of heart failure in 2004 at age 47.

· Ray "The Big Boss Man" Traylor — Found dead of a heart attack in 2004 at age 42.

· Eddie Guerrero — After a long battle with painkillers, he was found dead of a heart attack by his nephew in his hotel room at age 38. The first person his nephew reportedly called was Guerrero's best friend, Chris Benoit.

· Chris Candido — Died in 2005 at age 33 from a blood clot after breaking his tibia and fibula and dislocating his ankle in a pay-per-view event.

· Owen Hart — Fell to his death at age 34 in 1999 when the rigging that was lowering him into the ring malfunctioned.

Never heard of lots of those guys, but I had no idea the British Bulldog or Crash Holly died.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I had no idea a lot of these people had died. Steroids are bad stuff man. Seems like a lot of them had painkiller addictions too.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        I had no idea a lot of these people had died. Steroids are bad stuff man. Seems like a lot of them had painkiller addictions too.
        yeah, no shit..

well, those guys get tossed around and break things alot.. herniated discs and such..I know that story!

That's their bread and butter to support themselves, families and ..well bad habbits.

Steroids also "mask" pain as well..as does the body's natural adrenanline..along with pain killers.

these guys have money and are celebreties..that's a dangerous mix..just ask, Kinison, Farely, John ballucci(sp)..and ect.

I met alot of these guys/gals when they came thru town..and seemed very down to earth people that really mean well..it's sad it takes this kind of shit to keep up with today's demands/standards ...Vince McMahon was busted selling steroids to his wrestlers MANY years ago!
        Last edited by horns666; 06-27-2007, 11:03 AM.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Most of the deaths in the last few years were painkiller related, since the business has been getting a little more strict about steroids, testing, etc. The mainstream media will just ignore that and blame it on roids, though.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

No one ever talks about the side effects of legal prescription drugs.

Many painkillers and anti-depressants can cause suicidal impulses, mood altering, etc.

However, there is WAY TOO MUCH $$$$ in that, so they will no doubt blame this on illegal drugs of some kind (in this case steroids).

Comment

This guy who worked for me as a carpenter, was a body builder, and he had just shot up on steroids for the first time the night before coming to work, His coworkers said he was jittery and easily agitated that day, he stepped out onto the scaffolding thru a second story window to nail on a piece of trim, only problem there was no scaffolding, about a 15 foot fall, shattered his ankle. workmans comp denied his claim. Normally he was a really nice easy going guy, at the time (1988) 'roid rage was'nt really known of.
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if I die ina few years related to benzodiapenes.

Comment

The testers of steroids are always about 5 years behind the producers of steroids. You can test all you want, but the only ones you'll get are the elcheapos. The steroid industry is the next generation of designer drugs, and they can be designed to be undetectable............

Comment

I am telling you guys all murders they were going to blow the whistle....

Comment

They're all murderers, eh? Seeing as me and my friends have wrestled for years (both backyard and professionally), I guess our families should get restraining orders pronto.

See what happens when you generalize?
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Well, I wrestled, and so did my son...and I'm gonna leave this one alone.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh, the "Ultimate Warrior"..he died too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                            They're all murderers, eh? Seeing as me and my friends have wrestled for years (both backyard and professionally), I guess our families should get restraining orders pronto.

See what happens when you generalize?
                            I think AK47 meant all of those guys were murdered, not murderers. The tinfoil cap makes typing difficult.
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Nope he's still alive.

Comment

Working...
                              X