How about the Acura TL S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the Acura TL S?

Test drove one of these tonight and it seems like a fantastic car. A lot of you kept asking if I tried a Honda Accord, and frankly, they don't do it for me. Just too boring. Add to that a weak warranty, bad interest rates, high price, and the fact that this is the last year for this model (when the new model comes out, the resale value on the current Accords will tank).

So what does the jury say about the Acura TLs Sport package? Is it as highly recommended as the Honda? It definitely has the looks that I like and drives great.

I recently bought a used 2002 TL and I love it. I do know they had transmition troubles at one time. I think they sorted it all out with the newer modles but you still may want to check. I also think (comparativly speaking) they hold thier value pretty well. Sorry I can't really help you more than that but I'd think it would be on par if not better than the Honda.

Comment

Never owned a TL but have known a few people who did and was envious. Very nice cars. Not as keen on the newest body style compared to the TSX though.

They are discontinuing the Accord? Next to the Civic I think that would be Honda's best selling car.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
        They are discontinuing the Accord? Next to the Civic I think that would be Honda's best selling car.
        No, the Accord is still there. This is the last year for the current body style. When the new body style comes out, the old style will take a big hit in the resale value. Just like the Camry - the new style is a lot more popular than the old style.

The Acura TL Type S I loved the looks of from the first time I saw it. So many people give the Accord a high rating but it is just too boring IMO. The TL is a way to stick with a Honda (they are built in the same factory) but have a sportier and faster ride.
        Last edited by DonP; 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM.

Comment

a buddy at work has one...its a sweet car and I'd pick it over whatever you had listed in the other thread If you like it...go for it
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X