DAMN this is a pisser!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMN this is a pisser!!

I got Final Fantasy XII a while back.....play it on my PS3. About 150 hours invested into it and almost done. My PS3 decides to lose all the PS2 Memory. WTF?!?! If I call Sony, do you think they can give me those hours of my life back? Do you think I should sue them for a gazillion dollars and buy Jackson/Charvel? What do you think??-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

what kind of memory card goes in those things, i'll get you one for free dude, no problem. Compact flash? Secure Digital cards? Mini digital cards, etc.??? Just let me know and i'll send it out to you.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I don't think he cares about the physical card itself just the data that used to be on it

Comment

Wow man that sucks I have close to 150 hours logged on my main character in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and I would be pissed if I lost that data. Im sure it won't help but I would write one nasty letter to sony complaining about their system flaws and bugs.

Comment

I put 80 hours into FFX-II and stopped playing at about 1/2 way through. I dont have that much time in my life as it is, lol. I always save on two cards just to be safe, especially with something like that. Hell, I'll even send you a card with my saves on it if you send me a (working) blank one back.
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

I miss the days of being able to just pick up a game and play it and get somewhere without having to invest so many hours to get anywhere.
            I don't dislike modern games and I do play them, it's just when you see how much time you've spent on them you realize that you could have been doing something more constructive with that time.
            I think that's why I prefer shoot-em-ups!

I for one can't wait for Halo 3!
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              I miss the days of being able to just pick up a game and play it and get somewhere without having to invest so many hours to get anywhere.
              I don't dislike modern games and I do play them, it's just when you see how much time you've spent on them you realize that you could have been doing something more constructive with that time.
              I think that's why I prefer shoot-em-ups!

I for one can't wait for Halo 3!
              Totally agree! I play Wii Sports more often than any other game I own. I get home from work, have 30-45 minutes to waste so I turn on the Wii and play a few tennis matches, or frames of bowling. I just can't invest the time to get into one of these huge RPGs. I have Oblivion. Had it for over 6 months now and have about 20 hours in. I can't understand it when my friend's girlfriend has over 500 hours. How can you play for 3+ hours per day and still have a life?
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Totally agree! I play Wii Sports more often than any other game I own. I get home from work, have 30-45 minutes to waste so I turn on the Wii and play a few tennis matches, or frames of bowling. I just can't invest the time to get into one of these huge RPGs. I have Oblivion. Had it for over 6 months now and have about 20 hours in. I can't understand it when my friend's girlfriend has over 500 hours. How can you play for 3+ hours per day and still have a life?
                Right there with ya man. Sometimes I got on a RPG spree where I'll play wow or nwn for a few hours a day for about a week or so, then Im back to the guitar and spending time with the wife.
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Yeah, it just sucks all that time invested. I can't play guitar anymore so games and golf fill that void....and reading the post from you whacked out crazy cats here on the JCF. -Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

"...I for one can't wait for Halo 3!..."

+1 on that! I'll be getting an Xbox 360 when that comes out. Halo 1 was/is a fantastic game. Me and my brother play co-op a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                      I got Final Fantasy XII a while back.....play it on my PS3. About 150 hours invested into it and almost done. My PS3 decides to lose all the PS2 Memory. WTF?!?! If I call Sony, do you think they can give me those hours of my life back?
                      I've been there.. My PS1 deleted my memory card once.. all data gone. I could cry.

Lately I'm very cautious. I always take the memory card out when I turn the ps1/ps2 on and off and when I pres reset. And I have back-ups of my fav games, but the thing is, those memory cards are extremely expensive imo, so I don't backup everything..

I'd sell FFXII and get Okami.. it's only like 40/50 hours, but it's an amazing game.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind:

1. Only use the original sony memorycards. Other memory cars will corrupt after a while.
                        2. Do not save US, Japanese or EU version games on the same memorycard.
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I remember being so happy...as a local guy copied his finished Memory
                          Card of Grand Tourismo 3 onto my card! I had only had the game for
                          a week, and he unlocked ALL the cars, and ALL the tracks for me!
                          It would have taken me a year to earn all of these things.

Comment

Working...
                          X