Apple iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple iPhone

Anyone getting this phone? I heard on the radio that people have been lining up since Monday to get the phone. it goes on sale this friday at 6PM. And those who cannot stand in lines are paying as much as $1500 to get the phone. crazy or what? And the plans are not that cheap either. :ROTF:
    Sam

I would get it, but I'm not switching carriers. I'll probably check it out when ATT doesn't have a monopoly on it anymore.

Comment

Overpriced.
      Outdated (phone) technology. I mean seriously... no 3G network support!
      The touch screen is about the only cool feature.
      I already own an iPod, so that part doesn't interest me.
      I'll wait until they release version 2 with 3G support and an expansion slot for Mini-SD cards.
      -Rick

Comment

It's shiny and it's an Apple, when they come out over here I'll probably end up getting one.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I dropped my Razor onto the pavement on Tuesday and completely shattered the plate that covers the outer display. Good thing it was a company phone, and I won't be out anything.

I would have freaked if that had happened to a 600 dollar phone that I paid for.

I'm just not responsible enough to own a phone that expensive.

I have an 80 gig Ipod that owes its life to its protective case. Best 30 dollar investment I've made.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

My son has been buggin for one, so I'm picking him one up tomorrow. As much as I like apple stuff(been a mac only user for 7 years now). To me it needs 3g, chat, and more memory before I want one. I'll stick to my current favorite phone a Blackberry Curve. I have no clue why fools are waiting in line for this. There are about 5 ATT stores(corporate owned) around me and not one has a person yet in front of it + you'll be able to buy it online and activate from your house.

Oh and the plans are reasonable, it's $20 for unlimited web and email with 200 sms. 40 bucks for unlimited everything. That's in line and with comparable plans.
            Last edited by VinceV; 06-28-2007, 06:25 PM.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
              freaked if that had happened to a 600 dollar phone that I paid for.

I'm just not responsible enough to own a phone that expensive. .

- E.
              :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
              ...... me too
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                Oh and the plans are reasonable, it's $20 for unlimited web and email with 200 sms. 40 bucks for unlimited everything. That's in line and with comparable plans.
                hmm... that's not what CNN quoted... and neither does apple's website... strange!

Designed for Apple Intelligence. Discover the new iPhone 16 Pro, iPhone 16 Pro Max, iPhone 16, and iPhone 16 Plus.
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  hmm... that's not what CNN quoted... and neither does apple's website... strange!

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html
                  Vince was quoting prices for existing AT&T customers.
                  -Rick

Comment

Sorry, Yes I quoting for existing customers. I have been reading the cellphone forums, and I have heard gripes and complaints about the iPhone, but most everyone seems to think they did right by the pricing of plans.
                    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I don't use the features on the phone I have now. If I want a laptop, I'll buy a fucking laptop

Comment

hey vince, where did you get the curve? i don't believe it's been officially released.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

oh. and as far as the iphone goes, i'll get one, but only once i know how to unlock it.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It's not worth paying full price for an unlocked one to me though. I'll stick with my Treo (also has the sweet keyboard--touch screen keyboards have been done and they all SUCK) until I can get !100 to trade it in or something.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                              I have an 80 gig Ipod that owes its life to its protective case. Best 30 dollar investment I've made.

- E.
                              i hear you on that! i'll wait for the frenzy to get over with. i got my razor early on for $100 with renewing my plan. now they are Free in less than 2 years. you know the pressure is on other phone makers to come up with something soon. Verizon is not going to take losing customers do to a phone. the last thing phone makers want is to lose a market like other MP3 makers did to the iPod. i think ATT has a lock with the iPhone for 5 years, a move that apple now regrets. god, i just hope there is going to compaire better than what the MS tried with the ZUNE.
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X