• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Ho, ho, a 17 year old just unlocked it to work with T Mobile:

Here's his blog, with complicated instructions:

Discuss.
    Guess the rumors were wrong. The SIM card IS replaceable after all... (evil laugh begins).
    Read my later posts... once I realized the SIM was removable, all bets are off.
    The kids crack sucks... not many will be able to do it as it requires some soldering skills and coding knowledge.

Engadget listed another one today as well that is purely a software crack.
    But those guys are charging to unlock the phones.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Read my later posts... once I realized the SIM was removable, all bets are off.
      Yeah, but this is America, I can pick & choose any posts I want to quote for "maximum pop"

Hey, you guys wanna fart around inside your iPhone? Here's a cool resource with nice detailed pics:

The first model of iPhone, Model A1203 with 4, 8, or 16 GB capacity and an aluminum back. Repair requires a significant amount of prying, and may require some soldering. This page aims to help users troubleshoot, fix, and seek help for the iPhone 2G.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They are cheaper by us
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

iPhone

$100 rebate on the old ones. And a big price-cut on the new ones. Just another piece of Apple BS.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

So what's the problem? It's an electronic piece of equipment. If you wait 2-5 months after anything(especially cellphones) comes out it will be cheaper. I was at BestBuy yesterday looking at televisions. Here there are now 60+ inch plasmas in the 4 k range 40inch plasmas in the 2k range. That same 40 inch would have set you back 15k several years ago. LCD t.v.s that were 5k 6 months ago are in the low 3k nows. So it goes.

Remember as soon as it comes out it's already old. At least they listened to those people that purchased the iphone and were upset and are giving a $100 credit per phone, I wasn't expecting anything so that is actually kinda cool for me. I knew when I got the phone, a new higher memory probably 3g version would be coming out around Christmas. I decided I wanted the phone when it came out, so I have no reason to bitch, and someone who didn't even buy one really has no reason to bitch.
            Last edited by VinceV; 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Apple pickers are really pissed off. The iPhone did not fly. Apple is getting a big bruse on this one.
              Last edited by fett; 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I dont know why people get sucked into apple stuff.
                Clip from Madtv season 12 episode 16.apple I-rack spoofAlso watch my other "Madtv" clips
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

VinceV is 100% correct.

If you're going to complain about electronics dropping in price, you've officially run out of things to complain about.

Comment

Thats why I usually never buy anything when it first comes out. Im still waiting for the PS3 to come down to a reasonable price before I buy one... it may be years, but I can wait.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Here is the news. http://news.google.com/news?q=iPhone...num=1&ct=title

Comment

Fett,
                        The phone didn't change... only the price did.
                        And they discontinued the smaller capacity one.
                        -Rick

Comment

This is why guitars rock- Generally speaking if you buy nice you ain't gotta buy twice. Will hold at least some of it's value and if you take care of it at least work, assuming we're not all playing Variaxes 10 years from now.

Cellphones that cost a mint 5 years ago don't even work on the upgraded networks.

Vass

Comment

And? These guys are pissed. It's just interesting. Oh. And they came up waaaaay short on the sales projection. Just how many do-dads will be enough to completely to shut down actual human interaction? That is why people I meet like me. I talk to them. I talk to a real person. Some are scared. But, once they get it and or me, they love it.
                            Last edited by fett; 09-06-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              Just how many do-dads will be enough to completely to shut down actual human interaction? That is why people I meet like me. I talk to them. I talk to a real person.
                              It's a cell phone... I'd imagine you'd talk to a real person on the other side while making or receiving a call. :ROTF:
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X