Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess I won't be going to New York

It's all about the Bennies.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Wtf!!
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

HAHAHA pure fucking comedy, which bright bureaucrat came up with this gem? Looking to justify his job I assume.

People should stand up to shit like this.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Well, apparently a public meeting was held, but no one came.

I'm also assuming it wasn't highly publicized, especially so that those who would be affected would attend.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

It's not about the bennies, and your average tourist will have nothing to worry about. What's not being said is the real reason for the new rules: they were written broadly as an anti-terrorism effort, in response to prior scumbag terrorist wanna-bes who were filming NYC landmarks for possible attack plans. i.e., The rules now allow NYC cops to be able to rope in suspicious filming activities, and have broad lattitutde for whom they choose to enforce it on. You'll never get a NYC official to admit to this, though, as it essentially amounts to giving cops the ability to "profile" whomever they think looks like a terrorist. As long as it's reasonably enforced (i.e., almost never, except when cops really suspect something), more power to it.

Comment

Well, seeing as how you can just put it on CNN and get the info straight from them such as security levels, weaknesses, how many tons of explosives it would take, as well as Google Earth photos, what's the harm in filming?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              It's not about the bennies, and your average tourist will have nothing to worry about. What's not being said is the real reason for the new rules: they were written broadly as an anti-terrorism effort, in response to prior scumbag terrorist wanna-bes who were filming NYC landmarks for possible attack plans. i.e., The rules now allow NYC cops to be able to rope in suspicious filming activities, and have broad lattitutde for whom they choose to enforce it on. You'll never get a NYC official to admit to this, though, as it essentially amounts to giving cops the ability to "profile" whomever they think looks like a terrorist. As long as it's reasonably enforced (i.e., almost never, except when cops really suspect something), more power to it.

But then legitimate filmakers like the guy in the story were denied permits for filming. I mean, if you're a terrorist, are you going to apply for a specific permit? It does seem aimed at professional photographers and filmmakers. A terrorist would be well within the new rules because he wouldn't be filming for half and hour or hors beyond that. He'd try to seem as inconspicuous as possible.

Comment

I also wonder if a guy like Michael Moore filming an expose of the health insurance and pharmaceutical industries would have had his permit allowed, especially when so much of Corporate America is headquartered in NYC. I say, NO.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  If a cop is not "profiling" he is not doing his job...

Comment

Working...
                  X